What antenna this is? [Range Issue]

Rip

Reaction score
My user P3S came with this antenna already installed, I'm no expert, looked online and the closest thing to this I could find was the ARGtek kit, but the panels in that kit are white I believe?

I've only done 4 flights in a semi urban area but I loose both RC and video signal at around 100m distance?!

This is my antenna (all 3 wires seem clipped in place properly as they all pivot freely):

50A6AC71-88E9-43E5-9325-F1FF83299F9C.jpg

5FA7B7FB-46C5-4A72-86D2-9886EC7D917B.jpg

E486FCC4-1F44-4188-BCC7-8F29D15456CC.jpg

11DCA8C9-60AC-4FB8-8EA7-B1A73318DEC9.jpg

I'll go test it in a more open area ASAP to see if that helps.

That is similar to an ARGtek, but looks like a 3rd party knockoff. Have never heard of that company. Others on the Forum may be familiar with this brand.

Also, the three antennae wires in the r/c need to be hot glued down like the originals to prevent signal loss, or them shaking loose. They are NOT designed to pivot. That may be your signal loss issue.

Reactions: Rip
That is similar to an ARGtek, but looks like a 3rd party knockoff. Have never heard of that company. Others on the Forum may be familiar with this brand.

Also, the three antennae wires in the r/c need to be hot glued down like the originals to prevent signal loss, or them shaking loose. They are NOT designed to pivot. That may be your signal loss issue.

Great thanks! I'll hot glue them now, go range test, then probably order a DBS kit then!

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I have a stock ArgTek set up on one of my P3S birds. The tall white antenna is the ArgTek 5.8GHz omni antenna and your two black antennas are labeled exactly the same as my two white ArgTek 7db panels, although your serial number is much lower. than mine. Not sure why they are black, but they are the same as the stock antennas. I was never pleased with their performance and have equipped my two other Phantoms with DBS panel antennas.

I have a stock ArgTek set up on one of my P3S birds. The tall white antenna is the ArgTek 5.8GHz omni antenna and your two black antennas are labeled exactly the same as my two white ArgTek 7db panels, although your serial number is much lower. than mine. Not sure why they are black, but they are the same as the stock antennas. I was never pleased with their performance and have equipped my two other Phantoms with DBS panel antennas.

Thanks for that. I've just been out in an open area after putting hot glue on the connections and managed 400m distance at a height of 100m before loosing RC and video signal, so I better order a DBS kit.

I run Itelite DBS on my P3S's. Love it. Crazy distance in my rural area. @Rip, altitude is key on distance flights. The higher, the better up to the 400' recommendations. I'm usually 300-400 feet up depending on winds aloft. But 100m should be good too, depending on your local areas signal interference. Good luck. [emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan