West Virginia has some interesting formations also.

Reaction score
You see a lot of great and interesting formations in the western US. West Virginia doesn't advertise much, but we have some interesting formations also. I took a picture of a place few have ever seen. At one time there where thousands of inhabitants here. It's in a state park, so I don't know why more people haven't went out of their why to see it?
DSC_0526.jpg

So, where did the inhabitANTS go? We were eating at a picnic table and there was nothing in this rotten log.

DSC_0526.jpgc.jpg

Very interesting pictures though,any gold in them hills,could be hidden treasure ?
You need to fly up to the entrance

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I did have a search but showed everything else at west Virginia,,eagle rock for example but nothing about these caves not even in prehistoric times when others inhabit living like this,must be some info somewhere

I have a great lead on some hidden gold in WV. It is from two separate stories I put together. A Spaniard lived in WV. in the 1800's. He paid for everything in gold coins from a bank he had robbed in Spain. He got caught and was sent back to Spain. Years later when he was dying, he told about a cave he hid the gold in. He only described the cave, No one has found the gold. It was buried in the cave floor. The cave had a hole in the ceiling that let light shine in, He said the ceiling had lines like a compass. A man gave me a lead on a cave 10 years ago. I was caving in the area. He said you like caving so much, I'll tell you where another one is. The entrance is hard to find, It's in a rhododendron thicket, but it has a hole in the ceiling to let light in. He described the lines on the ceiling like the compass line, but he called it something similar. (I'm holding back on a lot of information.) LOL.
My friend and I found the hollow, the things to identify the cave, as the man told us. It was a hard find in the thicket and was almost dark. We couldn't find the entrance and would come back some day. I got too busy with my work and my health went down hill as did my friend's. I think the entrance may have gotten covered over with dirt. I have a great metal detector, but the walk, plus having to dig it out the entrance, might be too much for me.
FACT: There is a cave there. I don't think the old man lied.
The signs for the cave are not all normal signs. One is a rare stone formation.
The man's description was the same as the Spaniards descriptions, but used different words.

We did find a cave that day, that got my friend excited. He said it was a significant find. He maps cave as a hobby. My friend took off into the deep and dark, till the caves occupant let out a roar. It was some kind of cat, but was too dark to see. My buddy didn't care to go and find out. LOL.

I did have a search but showed everything else at west Virginia,,eagle rock for example but nothing about these caves not even in prehistoric times when others inhabit living like this,must be some info somewhere
Put your glasses on. I said in my post, it is a log. I did a close up of a rotten log. I'm bad, I know. I have been under the weather, fevered the last 5 days and on meds. I have been to the doctor and I am not of right mind. LOL.

Ho ho lol now I see the log,,did not click and thought I was looking at rockface,,great deception photo ha,,got me good and proper,,hey I'll stop searching for it then,,someone else ate the inhabitants while they sitting where you were,like the cave story, I bet there is so much to be discovered, great stuff and good luck,
Hey funny cause I off meds and in right mind but your picture looks on first glimpse a rockface with different textures, as to the log I thought log book of info lol
Hope this stupid kiwi made you laugh at that
Laughs are good medicine,,get well soon ay

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav