West of Iceland in summer

Reaction score
Iceland, the west in summer.
Drone footage, time lapses and 4k video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Wow
Reactions: sdileon
Why is Iceland green and Greenland ice? A.. backward
Nice vid ?
I thought it was to fake immigrants back in the day. They named them opposite after they were founded to make people wanna go to Greenland instead of pretty iceland. At least thats what I grew up hearing.

Reactions: Capt KO
Iceland is always very photogenic landscape so countless opportunities for excellent shots.
Nice! At those time lapses I don't see any point in it - only the water moves here or there much quicker.
I think that drone flying is forbidden around that church mountain. No problems? At the end of jun when I was there those white birds (terns) were pretty aggressive to people passing by protecting theirs nests, so I didn't dare to think about putting the drone up. And was pretty windy too.

I thought it was to fake immigrants back in the day. They named them opposite after they were founded to make people wanna go to Greenland instead of pretty iceland. At least thats what I grew up hearing.
And another hearing - when they put the names on maps for new discovered lands in the Viking time they mistakenly switched the names of Iceland and Greenland.

Interesting. I googled it says erik the red named it just iceland for the reason of not attracting those seeking paradise.. but who know we all know history ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Fascinating video. I enjoyed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.