Went to FPVLR today

Reaction score
I've had my phantom 2 (non vision) a few months now and im really enjoying it I do photography and this opened up new possibilities that being said best range with my setup was about 800 M and the blackpearl moniter would start to get static , I had gone 1,200 M but it was nerve racking couldn't see where I was going and almost had to use RTH function. Thanks to lots of research and this forum I found FPVLR ( Tony ) I live in Miami so he's just about 1 hour away took a ride up & met him and he set me up with his 5.8 Ghz premium kit. What a difference no static at all now all the way to 1,200 M , I will test further and post the results thanks again Tony.

Attachments

• FPVLR anenna 1.JPG
    FPVLR anenna 1.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 351
  • FPVLR phantom 1.JPG
    FPVLR phantom 1.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 373
  • FPVLR phantom.JPG
    FPVLR phantom.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 436
  • FPVLR setup.JPG
    FPVLR setup.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Reactions: Airborne
Ok got in a good test today , clear video on the moniter all the way out to 1 mile / 1,600 M then it's like my phantom hit a wall I could spin but couldn't advance any further but the RTH feature didn't kick in , I was a little puzzled so I just brought it back then realized " daaahh " I had the distance limit set to 1 mile , guess it's time to increase it to realize the potential of these awesome antenna's .

Glad to hear another happy customer :p

I purchased my P3 advanced kit from FPVLR and love it.

3.5 miles has been my longest range so far. Maybe I'll take it out to the beach and go even further some time.

I've had my phantom 2 (non vision) a few months now and im really enjoying it I do photography and this opened up new possibilities that being said best range with my setup was about 800 M and the blackpearl moniter would start to get static , I had gone 1,200 M but it was nerve racking couldn't see where I was going and almost had to use RTH function. Thanks to lots of research and this forum I found FPVLR ( Tony ) I live in Miami so he's just about 1 hour away took a ride up & met him and he set me up with his 5.8 Ghz premium kit. What a difference no static at all now all the way to 1,200 M , I will test further and post the results thanks again Tony.

after reading up on the forum here, you have convinced me to go with the FPVLR Premium antennas.

I was gonna go with a kit and fatsharks, but why spend money on antennas I will want to replace.

Good luck you will see a great difference in quality & performance

Good luck you will see a great difference in quality & performance

lol, this is going to be my first FPV so i won't see a difference, but i will really enjoy flying long range and being able to see when to turn around.

currently i fly out until i think i have past my old record and return. have to wait for the video to see my results.

thanks again for your report...

Well then you're starting out right , wish I did I have a collection of different antennas I tried . How do you know how far you fly now without FPV ?

Well then you're starting out right , wish I did I have a collection of different antennas I tried . How do you know how far you fly now without FPV ?

i download my gopro video and watch it. then i use google earth and it's ruler to see how many meters i flew out. not exact, but pretty close. i fly over AG land with distinct landmarks; hayrolls, barns, oil pumps, etc... i use those at points to fly to or close too...

600m is my record. flying at dusk to the west right after sunset makes the phantom a black silhouette on the horizon and i can easily see it. i just can't just my distance.

every time i try again, i get another 100m and think, man i gotta turn around, I'm too far out !!!! LOL !!! :D

Oh wow yep your're really gonna appreciate a good FPV setup make sure to install the iOSD mini most importantly to let you know battery status once you start to go really far .

Reactions: Airborne
Oh wow yep your're really gonna appreciate a good FPV setup make sure to install the iOSD mini most importantly to let you know battery status once you start to go really far .

yup,really looking forward to the battery level indicator. currently I fly over to myself and turn around backwards so I can see the battery leds, lol...

iosd-mini was supposed to be delivered yesterday. oops, somebody messed up. piecing the FPV system together as we speak ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31