Weird black lines on my ipad monitor

Reaction score
I've been running just fine on my ipad 2 mini since the iOS app came out yesterday without any issues. Today I get these strange lines across the screen and sometimes it goes in and out of focus real bad. The videos and pictures are perfect and it's not because I don't have a connection because it's close. I took some screenshots from my ipad when it was happening. Any clues? I did mess around with some settings in the pilot app today but for the life of me I can't remember which ones.

Attachments

• Photo May 07, 5 00 08 PM.png
    Photo May 07, 5 00 08 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,268
  • Photo May 07, 5 06 50 PM.png
    Photo May 07, 5 06 50 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,097
lol I believe those are blown highlights. Go to camera settings and try turning off Over Exposure Warning

Maybe you accidently bought the Zebra version of the iPad 2 Mini - I made sure I avoided that one when I bought mine...

Reactions: canecop
PishPosh is right.
It's telling you that with the exposure settings you have, the details will be burnt out in those areas. They will be over exposed.

I take it that is in the P3's camera settings. All so what is the other setting in the app that needs to be changed for the mini 2 for some other reason, i read it last night but can not rmbr now.

lol I believe those are blown highlights. Go to camera settings and try turning off Over Exposure Warning
Haha, that's going to be it! I couldn't remember what settings I changed and what they all did. Thanks!

I take it that is in the P3's camera settings. All so what is the other setting in the app that needs to be changed for the mini 2 for some other reason, i read it last night but can not rmbr now.

People are saying to turn off Hardware Decode for iPad Mini 2. Is that it?

EDIT:
I THINK people were saying to turn of the hardware decode. Can't remember if that was for A7 or A8 chips..

When left on this helps out in the field to get the correct exposure. Histogram works great with this tool as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic