Weight of your bird and batt/prop combination

What is the total weight of your FC40?

• Total voters
Reaction score
i want to get an idea what battery / prop combination people have to get good lift and control as their bird gets weighed down.
Total weight =1457grams
9443 props
Single Multistar 4000mah batt
Does not maintain hover
Sea level to 200ft elevation
Flytrex shows voltage dropping from 11.83 down to 10.75 within 30secs after liftoff.
Curious on options other than dumping my load

Last edited:
Loose the 10 C battery and go with at least 20 C discharge rate.

Orange County, so you're flying basically from sea level. You should be able to do good.

Do you have a 200 Gram cheap Chinese gimbal? If so, loose 80 grams by going with the Walkera plastic.

Field elevation?
Basically sea level to 200ft, added this.
Walkera 3d gimbal- need it with too much side to side wind by the beach

Reactions: IflyinWY
I just weighed in at 1080.3. Sounds light compared to how it's usually loaded.

FC40
Multistar 4000
FPV Transmitter with Blue Beam Airscrew antenna
RMRC-PRO700 700TVL Camera
P2 9450 Props
P2 9" Prop Guards
Stock landing gear

That's pretty sleek for a mountain cow observation drone :) Though you wouldn't have a HD video to look at after flying.

Those Multistars have a great power/weight ratio. I couldn't use them in my current setup because I used the space in the battery bay for cabling and OSD module. Lot of space for stuff in there.
And I would lose the redundancy which I value more (near water) than extra time. And It would be more front heavy coz I wouldn't be able to slide them along the COG line, as I do with dual external 2200's.

That's pretty sleek for a mountain cow observation drone :) Though you wouldn't have a HD video to look at after flying.

Those Multistars have a great power/weight ratio. I couldn't use them in my current setup because I used the space in the battery bay for cabling and OSD module. Lot of space for stuff in there.
And I would lose the redundancy which I value more (near water) than extra time. And It would be more front heavy coz I wouldn't be able to slide them along the COG line, as I do with dual external 2200's.

I have to find the lightest way to go or my bird just runs out of gas way too soon. There's a lot of wide open space here. Of course I never loose sight of my bird though, we can't do that here.
Seriously, I have a 8,000 foot high mountain I want to fly up, to the West, and a few miles at about 6000 feet to the east.

Anytime anyone wants to talk performance and is willing to offer good info...
I WILL BE RIGHT THERE.

Now, gracefully stepping down off of my stack of soap boxes, I say this...
I've got some flight testing to do with my current configuration, and then I will be removing my guards and that will put me under 1,000 grams.
I can't wait.

Oops, sorry Lake Flyer,
I've got the GoPro to strap on when I want the HD thing. It's really cool sometimes.
I just need more birds so I don't have to do the swapping thing.
Too bad the P2s keep killing themselves at such a high rate. :(

Reactions: lake_flyer
Oops, sorry Lake Flyer,
I've got the GoPro to strap on when I want the HD thing. It's really cool sometimes.
I just need more birds so I don't have to do the swapping thing.
Too bad the P2s keep killing themselves at such a high rate. :(

Yeah I know you have the full setup normally. I was joking as well.
It's nice to fly them as naked as possible sometimes. I have a TVL too for that purpose.

My P2 (V1) never let me down. I think the problems mostly are with the new V2 motors and ESC's in combination with the later battery firmwares.
I wouldn't buy a P2-version 2. But the V1 is fine. Although the Phantom Vision firmware (funny, but the P2 uses nothing from 60% off the Vision goodies) is very restricted and feels patronising for anyone with experience.

The FC40/P1 is definitely the rebel off the Phantom family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.