Reaction score
Hi,

I should probably go fly and try the way point function but I've been watching youtube videos on waypoints. It doesn't look like what I'm looking for. I'd like to be able to record in real time all my movements to recall at another time. I'm shooting a film and we would like to program the shot so on the day we can recall it. I don't know if way points are going to be the answer.

Is there an app out there that can do what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help!

In DJI Go, you can fly and record waypoints along the way. You can choose the altitude of each (as long as they fall within the set limits), and you can control how the camera tracks, to some degree. You can save them, but I believe it saves to the memory card, so don't format if you plan to use that flight later.
Lately, Iv'e been using DJI Ultimate flight. Much more flexible, and you can just plot it out without actually flying it as you go.
Look at YouTube videos, that's the easiest way to pre-evaluate the third-party apps, for me.
DJI Ultimate flight costs $20, BTW.

I use the Litchi app. It will do everything that you have said that you want to do. I can record the screen in real time, I film and can save my flight plans for uploading to the drone at a later time and I can see my flight on a map in real time, along with distance, altitude, etc etc. This app is exceptionally well thought out and works brilliantly. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I use the Litchi app. It will do everything that you have said that you want to do. I can record the screen in real time, I film and can save my flight plans for uploading to the drone at a later time and I can see my flight on a map in real time, along with distance, altitude, etc etc. This app is exceptionally well thought out and works brilliantly. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If I understand the OP's question, he wants to fly a route and have the way points and settings auto record so he can fly again. Litchi is awesome for way points, but I do not believe Litchi will do that. I have been trying to figure out the same thing. I have asked on several forums with no answers.

My only work around was to take data from a previous flight logged in Healthy Drones and manually input it into Litchi. That works, but it is somewhat labor intensive

If you have a method to fly and create and save a flight, I would love to know how

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic