Water landed Phantom 4 pro

By way of clarification, during the 3 seconds of signal loss, doesn't the aircraft continue flying with the stick inputs last received, until RTH engages? That has been my experience. Others, including DJI support engineers, have claimed that it would instantly stop and hover, to justify their bogus crash analysis! :rolleyes:
How did you ascertain that the AC continues with last recievwd stick inputs? If I look at video (from SD card) of disconnection events the AC seems to stop and hover, albeit not abruptly.

How did you ascertain that the AC continues with last recievwd stick inputs? If I look at video (from SD card) of disconnection events the AC seems to stop and hover, albeit not abruptly.
When I lose signal flying behind particular tall buildings at 30mph, the signal is temporaily lost, until the aircraft flies past the LOS obstruction, and then restores itself without ever entering into RTH, and the video supports continous forward flight took place during the signal loss, as long as I can keep it to under 3 seconds. If I am only flying at 20mph because of a headwind, it will not make past the LOS obstruction of the building in less than 3 seconds, and it enters into RTH by ascending and restores signal that way. This is very consistent behavior on the P4P on current FW and current Go 4 iOS app. It may be different on other aircraft and older FW or app versions.

When I lose signal flying behind particular tall buildings at 30mph, the signal is temporaily lost, until the aircraft flies past the LOS obstruction, and then restores itself without ever entering into RTH, and the video supports continous forward flight took place during the signal loss, as long as I can keep it to under 3 seconds. If I am only flying at 20mph because of a headwind, it will not make past the LOS obstruction of the building in less than 3 seconds, and it enters into RTH by ascending and restores signal that way. This is very consistent behavior on the P4P on current FW and current Go 4 iOS app. It may be different on other aircraft and older FW or app versions.
Good to know...

Good to know...
Yes, I was happily surprised myself!
Makes flying under bridges safer, as long as you can clear the bridge within 3 seconds at your chosen speed!
The RTH behavior is also different than before, when RTH engages. Instead of immediately yawing to the home point, it elevates first, so it is less disruptive to the video later, when signal is restored by the elevation before needing to head in the Home direction.:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl