Watching eBay Phantoms sell

No harm in ASKING for a silly price.... they might get lucky but hopefully not. Isn't the P3P going for like $799 these days new?

Reactions: Digdat0
Was it just the P3 or did it have extra batteries, props, case, panel antenna, etc.? I know if I sold mine I'd want at least $1000 because I have a lot of accessories.

Reactions: Digdat0
Was it just the P3 or did it have extra batteries, props, case, panel antenna, etc.? I know if I sold mine I'd want at least $1000 because I have a lot of accessories.

trouble is, accessories don't maintain their value very well.

most sellers would probably do better parting everything out. used accessories add very little perceived value to package deals.

i'm sure a lot of people are trying to recover somewhere around 75% of what they spent originally. i get it, it's tough to take such a hit compared to what you spent. the problem is that DJI just devalued all their previous models by a large amount with this new release.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Out of interest what would you guys think is the going rate for a P3 advanced second hand? That mavic has got me interested in updating my p3!!

Out of interest what would you guys think is the going rate for a P3 advanced second hand? That mavic has got me interested in updating my p3!!

as a general rule, i've found that if you take the cost of a new version of the quad that's one step down from your used version (i.e. the cost of a P3S new in your case)... then reduce that number by 10%-20%... you'll have a good estimate.

to clear that up, the P3S new costs about $500, so I'd guess you could expect $400-$450 from a used P3A.

by the same math, a used p3p would probably fetch $640-$720.

obviously condition and mileage are factors, but those are the general guidelines I go by - the theory being that a buyer is more likely to buy a used product if it's a step up and cheaper than what they were going to spend on a new product.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
trouble is, accessories don't maintain their value very well.

most sellers would probably do better parting everything out. used accessories add very little perceived value to package deals.

i'm sure a lot of people are trying to recover somewhere around 75% of what they spent originally. i get it, it's tough to take such a hit compared to what you spent. the problem is that DJI just devalued all their previous models by a large amount with this new release.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Good idea, anyone have a HDMI for nice price?

Reactions: eneilsen
WTF is this!!! Who the heck sells a used P3 Adv for $1,100.....
Easy. The answer is nobody. A better question is "Who the heck BUYS a used P3 Adv for $1,100...

Kinda reminds me of football tickets on Stubhub. The price you see isn't the going price, it's the asking price. In other words, the seller is fishing.

The going price is less. You need to figure out a fair market price (see eneilsen's post above) and then you need to be pro-active in searching, be patient, and wait for the opportunity.

Last edited:
I have seen some amazing things on EBay . I have sold broken cameras for more than a working one will bring on here. Ebay does take about 15% by the time the dust settles.

I have seen some amazing things on EBay . I have sold broken cameras for more than a working one will bring on here. Ebay does take about 15% by the time the dust settles.
What I have found out over the years when people try to sell stuff. Many base their price and what they have invested in it....not necessarily the current market value. Someone buys a new P4 at $1400 generally wants more than the person that bought the same drone for $1200. That's probably why you see some crazy asking prices. Many years ago I was wanting to buy a Pioneer 10 inch reel to reel tape deck. At the time, they were almost a $1000. Some selling theirs had their priced based on the retail price they paid. I finally found an almost new one that a military guy had purchased through the PX for a lot less. I got it for $350 while many others were asking around $700. People need to get over what they paid and think of what it's actually worth at the time. Todays electronics change so fast and new models come out. If I remember correctly the first P4 batteries were about $159 and as the price dropped to a little over a hundred dollars , you will get different asking prices for the same thing. Just for kicks one day I checked one of these smart phone buying sites. The phone I had about $500 invested in was worth about $10 to them. Might just as well keep it for the camera. Bottom line....don't think of this stuff as an investment. People that need it when it first comes out will pay more....that's the price you pay for being anxious. When the $14000 Miata first came out, people would snatch them up and resell for almost $25000 to the impatient. I have so much photography equipment. ..still and sound movie film equipment. I have a lot of money tied up in this. Can't get squat for it now. That's life.

Anytime I list anything for sale on Let go, Craigslist....I go an ebay and see what the going price is. There is no way your going to get close to what you paid for a product brand new. Reason why I try to refrain from buying stuff at release and wait a bit because someone will list it at a bit cheaper price.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers