Wanting to get a P3...

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

I'm looking at getting a decent drone as an upgrade from my Syma X5C.

I'm looking at the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and the Advanced, the standard being £450 and the Advanced being £680.

My question is, will I regret getting the standard with the advanced having a much better range? Cost really is a factor but I'm happy to wait and save if it means not spending money on a Standard and then wanting the Advance.

What are your experiences with both?

Reactions: Suters
Have to say the advantage is the best bang for the buck in the phantom line up. Have both pro and advantage, love both - but not much benefit for the pro over the advantage.

Hiya guys,

I'm looking at getting a decent drone as an upgrade from my Syma X5C.

I'm looking at the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and the Advanced, the standard being £450 and the Advanced being £680.

My question is, will I regret getting the standard with the advanced having a much better range? Cost really is a factor but I'm happy to wait and save if it means not spending money on a Standard and then wanting the Advance.

What are your experiences with both?

I must agree with the other guys on the P3advance being the way to go.

if you can do it money wise I think the difference if worth it absolutely

have had standard, adv and pro as well as p2vision+
all are great and fly wonderful, but in the end lightbridge wins handsdown

I'm in the same boat as you, have a Syma X5c which is pretty impressive for a toy drone. I decided on the P3 Advanced its worth the few hundred more just in the controller alone you have that many more options plus lightbridge, the better range, better camera, hopefully it arrives this week keen to get started

I have an x5c and a x8hc and have fun with both of hem, but love my Advanced.

Had the standard, within 3 days returned it and got the advanced..wait if you have to but get the advanced! You won't regret it bud.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I must agree with the other guys on the P3advance being the way to go.

if you can do it money wise I think the difference if worth it absolutely

have had standard, adv and pro as well as p2vision+
all are great and fly wonderful, but in the end lightbridge wins handsdown

TotallY!!!

I went with the P3 4k and it is great. It does not have the Light Bridge technology so the range is only 1.2km but that is plenty far for me. Best thing is the price. I got it for $599 US.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

£680 is a great deal. I bought an Advanced first then after the prices dropped, picked up a Pro and figured I would keep the Advanced as a stand by. I still use the advanced 80% of the time even after a couple crashes :)

Hi Rhino1,
I'm pretty much repeating above posts.
I bought the standard 2 weeks ago and after a few flights took it back and got the advanced.
You won't regret it.

Scott

Thanks everyone.

Looks like it really is worth spending that bit extra and getting the Advanced.

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and I'm very impressed!

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Like above I bought the Standard and sold it a month later for the Advanced , don`t even think about getting the standard as you will be sorry

I had the Syma x5 previously and now I've got the Standard and very happy with it. Range not issue as need to fly within line of sight here in the U.K and hence 500-600m with the stock antenna is plenty. Taken into account some possible new stricter legislation in the future really make the range not that much of an issue. Camera is great and only limited by user himself. No problems with GPS. Not flying indoors so no need for VPS. Controller is fine. Using Litchi enables missions with smooth camera controls.

Hence although if you have the money to spare with the knowledge that these things crash at times and might lose it all, then you might be able to justify the extra £200 or so, which is nearly 50% added to the standard price. If you want to take the next step from Syma, then the P3S is a fine next step. I felt that I could not spend that extra £200.

It all comes down to money in the end.

But all the P3s are great. Just need to think what one needs or wants.

What I would say though, is to wait for free extra battery deals from main dealers such as Jessops, as they seem to pop up now and then. Would have though something around the Black Friday deals. If you can wait.

Hope that's helpful.

Sign up to a VERY account and get 20% off your first order, I did and got a battery delivered for £103, quite surprised they even sell dji stuff

Thankyou for the replies folks.

I still have a bit of saving up to do, so will keep an eye on the deals on the run up to the festive period :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.