Wanting to get a P3...

Hi Rhino.1 I did the same as you I started looking on Ebay and CL. I bought P3A on Ebay and another on Craigslist. They both had only been flown for 5 hours. I checked the battery's as to how many times they had been charged and asked them to show flight log to see if they matched. My P3A I got on CL cost me $700. It included the following: hard case, 3 battery's, fast charger, detachable prop guards, extra props, cords for apple and android, lens cleaner, camera filters, and wide support legs. The seller had purchased the kit 5 months earlier for $1250. Had receipt to prove it. I have been watching and have seen other deals like mine. I think you have to be careful however if you are persistent and cautious you get a nice drone at a lower price.
Good Luck
Be Safe

Seriously ?
Standard is a good drone but nothing to compare with advanced. Wait until you can buy it if you cant do it now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a P3 PRO with 3-extra batteries, with a total of no more than 2.5-3hrs TOTAL flight time, Lots of extra new parts, USB/HDMI upgrade on remote, ND lenses,4-station Smart PowerCharge charger (charges, refreshes, discharges, all at the same time, charges 2-remotes and had 2-USB outputs for phones etc.), extra props, new box, and more, for $ never even landed hard, let alone any type of scuff, scratch, or damage whatsoever! Have the Inspire, P2V+, P4, and mavic pro on order.
The charger ALONE costs over $400 new, now retails for $389.00 since P4 came out.
Batteries are currently retailing for $149, and P3P when I bought new was $1399.00 (now $999.00). Sell all for $900.00, or w/o charger for $700.00... I can list the additional extra parts if interested and take pictures as well... Haven't listed it elsewhere, just saw this and thought I'd try the easiest way 1st.

I love my standard, but I also have no experience with the others so I don't know what I am missing

".........will I regret getting the standard with the advanced having a much better range? Cost really is a factor but I'm happy to wait...."

"The Bitterness of Poor Quality remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten."

That saying (above) has been a lifelong popular motto for me. It doesn't apply in an EXACT manner to the P3 as the "quality" is so similar between models. But in my 68 years of experience, I just don't ever remember an instance in which I regretted having spent some extra $$ in order to get the best product that I could afford. That is assuming that it did not take food from my family's table.

Last edited:
Reactions: eneilsen
"The Bitterness of Poor Quality remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten."

That saying (above) has been a lifelong popular motto for me. It doesn't apply in an EXACT manner to the P3 as the "quality" is so similar between models. But in my 68 years of experience, I just don't ever remember an instance in which I regretted having spent some extra $$ in order to get the best product that I could afford. That is assuming that it did not take food from my family's table.

But again. If you can afford it. If that was no issue then there would only need to be one product. Those who can't afford or justify advanced over standard should not feel that they are getting a vastly inferior product.

Hiya guys,

I'm looking at getting a decent drone as an upgrade from my Syma X5C.

I'm looking at the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and the Advanced, the standard being £450 and the Advanced being £680.

My question is, will I regret getting the standard with the advanced having a much better range? Cost really is a factor but I'm happy to wait and save if it means not spending money on a Standard and then wanting the Advance.

What are your experiences with both?
my P3 Professional is for sale which is the first of three in the picture. Comes with all the standard equipment including an extra battery and a hard case I'm also selling an Android tablet (Nvidia Shield 8inch tablet) with this drone. All you need to do is charge the batteries in your up and flying. The only reason why I'm selling is because I'm buying the Mavic Pro and I don't need a fourth drone if interested send me a message.

Attachments

• DSC03578.JPG
    DSC03578.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 265
Def start at the advanced. I had the standard and took it back as I couldn't get no more then 30 feet with out losing video feed. Got the advanced and then went 1,614 feet WITH VIDEO FEED and it would go higher if it wasn't for the firmware restriction, plus got just under 3 miles before I turned back. Beleive me... The advanced is what you want. If price is an issue think about getting it from very. Co. Uk as I got mine there on buy now pay 12 months later 0%

Best thing I ever did. God knows how they accepted me as I'm black listed lol

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Def start at the advanced. I had the standard and took it back as I couldn't get no more then 30 feet with out losing video feed. Got the advanced and then went 1,614 feet WITH VIDEO FEED and it would go higher if it wasn't for the firmware restriction, plus got just under 3 miles before I turned back. Beleive me... The advanced is what you want. If price is an issue think about getting it from very. Co. Uk as I got mine there on buy now pay 12 months later 0%

Best thing I ever did. God knows how they accepted me as I'm black listed lol

And then we wonder why EASA are worried about drone use.

Can't be that worried if they are OK with the firmware to let the drone reach that height

Firmware is global. Laws are not. CAA only allows 120m alt you know.

Breaking laws will only make them come down harder for all of us who fly within the laws.

So when discussing EASA proposals, you should not feel hard done by.

Firmware is global. Laws are not. CAA only allows 120m alt you know.

Breaking laws will only make them come down harder for all of us who fly within the laws.

So when discussing EASA proposals, you should not feel hard done by.

To be honest I always fly in an open field and luckily the height I go to is still below the height of the planes that fly over. Naturally I will adjust my height if needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj