Wanted critical comments - a few of my recent flight clips

Well...it depends. It could be a white balance issue, or it could be caused by the ND filter, if it's not a true 'color neutral' filter. Many ND filters out there aren't color neutral, especially the less expensive ones, and they are notorious for causing color casts.

With still photography, the 32ND vs 16ND issue could be dealt with in editing, to a point, provided the exposure was correct. If the cast was caused by the filter, I would think it could be managed in post work. Either way, correcting the cast will take some messing around with the primary and secondary color adjustments (tint/hue, luminance, saturation) in whatever editor you're using. (Which editor are you using?)

Of course, I'm putting this out there on the presumption that color adjustment is color adjustment whether for still or video, but I may be speaking out of turn. Editing video is a brand new game for me!

Brand new for you??? I'm new to this too. The issue at :53 was trying to steer thru the wind. I'm using Divinci Resolve for editing and still learning how to do color editing. Timeline editing I seem to have down as evidenced in the above clip. Had no idea this much work goes I to post production. Using a LUT on this movie. One free from BlackMagicDesign. White balance set to auto sunny. What's the other 'flat' mode besides d-log? Yea. Filmed in that setting. Feedback?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl