Wait time between Temp Certificate and permanent certificate?

Reaction score
Just got my 107 temp. what is the wait time between Temp Certificate and permanent certificate?

Hi Andrew. I received my Part 107 Rating and temporary certificate on 9/26/2016, and I have yet to receive my permanent card, but it should be any day now. It looks like there is about a 60 day wait which is well within the 120 days that your temporary certificate is good for.

I am basing this on the FAA Airmen Certification site where they post the date range of temporary certificates that they are currently processing. You can find this site here: Airmen Certification. The date posting is in the 'News and Highlights' box toward the top of the page.

As a note however, I noticed when I checked this just now, that a date is not showing, but this has to be just a temporary anomaly. I checked a couple of days ago, and it said 09/10/2016, so it's nearing my date of 09/26/2016.

Over the years, I have had a lot of FAA temporary certificates, as I'm an A&P mechanic, flight instructor, and ATP rated pilot with type ratings. I suggest laminating your temporary certificate, as two months is not an uncommon wait time to get your permanent card.

Hope it helps and Happy Flying!

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
I got my temp certificate on September 2. My permanent card showed up about 6 weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just received mine. It took about 6 weeks. When you show up in the Airmen DB with a certificate # you should be getting it soon.

Hi Andrew! It seems like once they caught up on the back logged certificates, they started churning out the new ones pretty quickly. Congratulations on passing your test! Hope your card comes in soon.

Ethan

I think they are backlogged again. the FAA issued my Part 107 temporary certificate on May 5th. Still haven't received anything, and there's no indication at the IACRA website that they've issued a certificate number for me. It still says "pending."

I think they are backlogged again. the FAA issued my Part 107 temporary certificate on May 5th. Still haven't received anything, and there's no indication at the IACRA website that they've issued a certificate number for me. It still says "pending."
Mine took about 3 weeks. I'll bet you see the "Pending" change real soon.

As of tommorrow, a full month will have passed since the last FAA status update on the IACRA site. Certificate number still says "Pending." This is very frustrating.

I know last year there were some long waits, but I'm curious if others are experiencing similar delays over this same time period.

Anyone?

As of tommorrow, a full month will have passed since the last FAA status update on the IACRA site. Certificate number still says "Pending." This is very frustrating.

I know last year there were some long waits, but I'm curious if others are experiencing similar delays over this same time period.

Anyone?

My permanent 107 certificate took about 45 days if I recall. I hold other FAA ratings and when attained, the time between the temporary and permanent license has always averaged about 60 days. I think my CFII took almost 90 days.

My permanent 107 certificate took about 45 days if I recall. I hold other FAA ratings and when attained, the time between the temporary and permanent license has always averaged about 60 days. I think my CFII took almost 90 days.

Thanks for the feedback. Guess I'll take a pour myself a drink and just relax about it... =)

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I'll take a pour myself a drink and just relax about it... =)

That's all you could do when dealing with the FAA - "The efficiency of the US Postal Service combined with the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service!"

Anyone?

Writing from the future (it's November 30 here now). I passed the test on 11/1 and nothing yet online. Still no certificate number. A few folks posted over the summer that it was taking a month or more. So I'm thinking I'm pretty close to getting mine. Great holiday gift if I get my card before Xmas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31