VPS or Not?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

VPS... When to use it and when not too.

Ideas?

I'm reading that most seem to be turning it off... Why?

Just got my PH3A yesterday.
smile.gif

Thxs

Chris

Some claim a vps error which causes erratic behavior. Others not. I've never had one and it's always on. Basically the stance is if you're outside, its not worth the risk, so turn it off.

I've left mine on, no issues.
Watching it follow the contours of the ground is impressive.

I'll give it a try when I receive my P3P and if any issues, off it goes! Seems like inside is the most common use...

Mine turned off, flew first 4 flights with vps on and 6 with it off with no issues, i read about possible vps errors so decided to turn it off as i never fly indoors or low to the ground so not needed. Besides the space where the sensors are is where my tracker is going.
Always hand caught, vps on and off and no problems.

Mine turned off, flew first 4 flights with vps on and 6 with it off with no issues, i read about possible vps errors so decided to turn it off as i never fly indoors or low to the ground so not needed. Besides the space where the sensors are is where my tracker is going.
Always hand caught, vps on and off and no problems.
Agree, but now I may be putting my tracker on the camera guard I ordered from UAV-Bits

Agree, but now I may be putting my tracker on the camera guard I ordered from UAV-Bits
I'd be doing the same but as i'm in the uk i'll have to wait until they are available to us along with a lens cap. :(

"Follow the contours of the ground" ?

Wow! How does it do this? I thought it was to keep a visual position lock?

Thxs Chris

The camera does position lock, but the sonic sensors are used to keep a constant height from the ground.
Try it like in your driveway or something similar, hover about 3-4' and just fly up an incline/decline, it will keep the same ground distance.

Wouldn't the VPS give you better information in an auto landing? All mine have been really smooth with VPS on and auto landing. I have started to hand catch, but the landings have not been bad at all. Although I mostly land on concrete instead of grass

Wouldn't the VPS give you better information in an auto landing? All mine have been really smooth with VPS on and auto landing. I have started to hand catch, but the landings have not been bad at all. Although I mostly land on concrete instead of grass

Yes, you can think of VPS as the finesse sensors for height.

Yes, you can think of VPS as the finesse sensors for height.
Ok, this may account for the rough landings some are having if they disable. Otherwise, you are only using a barometer for altitude when VPS is disabled. Mine have been very smooth. I'll say that again. VPS has it's purpose

Ok, this may account for the rough landings some are having if they disable. Otherwise, you are only using a barometer for altitude when VPS is disabled. Mine have been very smooth. I'll say that again. VPS has it's purpose

My landings without VPS have been soft, but I'll try with it next time I fly.

Has anyone tried vps on low flying over water. I know the manual mentions water as inconsistent feedback or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried vps on low flying over water. I know the manual mentions water as inconsistent feedback or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That, I wouldn't do. I wouldn't fly less than 15 feet over water anyways.

Manual landings, or auto-landings?
VPS won't have any change to a manually controlled landing.

Good point. It was manual. That should be cool for auto take off too then.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20