Voltage drops - Airdata flight log

Reaction score
When i look at the logs for my P4 in Airdata i can see that my P4 always has a lot of voltage drops during its flights, while my Spark and Inspire 1 doesn’t.

The voltage drops are so far in the light blue area (0.02-0.1 V).
It says on Airdata that these light blue voltage drops is normal, but it also says that they happen in only 7% of all flights.
But in my case it seems to happen in 100 % of all of my P4 flights.

So should i be worried about these voltage drops (that the bird falls out of the sky), or should i just continue flying?

And would the reason for these voltage drops generally be the battery or the craft itself?

A voltage drop if your craft is just sitting there is not normal but when you fly and you step on the gas you will get voltage drops, this is normal, the harder you accelerate the more drop you will get. When you push too mutch you may also get a over current message, these happen more often when you battery is getting low and the voltage normaly depletes, the amps will raise in order to deliver watts the the motors. Amps x volts = watts (power). Too high voltage drops may indicate that your battery is not healthy. 0.1v is a small drop, and to me is normal in flight. In GO you can select to show battery voltage on the main screen or just go in the battery menu, turn it on and you will see the voltage drops as you step on it.

Last edited:
So should i be worried about these voltage drops (that the bird falls out of the sky), or should i just continue flying?

As @Erised said, voltage drops during flight are normal, and your particular results may not be abnormal. But, without knowing more about the battery in question, it may be difficult to accurately judge. You didn't say how many batteries you have, how old that battery is, or how many flights that particular battery has logged but, you may want to use a different battery to see if you get similar results BEFORE your bird "falls out of the sky". If you have only one battery, I highly recommend having more than just one battery, especially if you do any significant amount of flying. Good luck.

As @Erised said, voltage drops during flight are normal, and your particular results may not be abnormal. But, without knowing more about the battery in question, it may be difficult to accurately judge. You didn't say how many batteries you have, how old that battery is, or how many flights that particular battery has logged but, you may want to use a different battery to see if you get similar results BEFORE your bird "falls out of the sky". If you have only one battery, I highly recommend having more than just one battery, especially if you do any significant amount of flying. Good luck.

Thanks. I currently have 2 batteries, haven't checked with the other one, I will have to do that.
This battery has 36 charges, so one shouldn't think it should be too bad, but who knows?

A voltage drop if your craft is just sitting there is not normal but when you fly and you step on the gas you will get voltage drops, this is normal, the harder you accelerate the more drop you will get. When you push too mutch you may also get a over current message, these happen more often when you battery is getting low and the voltage normaly depletes, the amps will raise in order to deliver watts the the motors. Amps x volts = watts (power). Too high voltage drops may indicate that your battery is not healthy. 0.1v is a small drop, and to me is normal in flight. In GO you can select to show battery voltage on the main screen or just go in the battery menu, turn it on and you will see the voltage drops as you step on it.

Yes the Airdata tells you if your craft was "climbing", "descending" or "none" during the voltage drops, and my voltage drops happens during all three of these situations.

As RunningWithScissors said, we would need a bit more info on the age, amount of cycles and maybe a link to your log on airdata and we may be able to see some indications that your battery may be having some issues. There are several pilots in this forum that can really analyse the data and can give you a good insight on the reasons you may be getting these drops in a low load situation. I am not the one for deep analysis (yet), meta, msinger, budwalker, are the experts and there are a few more good ones too, I may not remember their names but I sure recognize their avatar.

This battery has 36 charges, so one shouldn't think it should be too bad, but who knows?

I wouldn't think you'd have problems with 30 some charges as I'm sure others here are flying with batteries having more charges than that. If you can fly using your second battery and report back, that could provide some insight.

When i look at the logs for my P4 in Airdata i can see that my P4 always has a lot of voltage drops during its flights
I'm not sure what you mean by voltage drops.
The battery voltage drops a couple of volts during a flight.
Perhaps you mean the voltage difference between cells?
If so, then Airdata is right and small differences are normal.
Airdata isn't much use as it only shoys a brief summary.
To properly see what the situation is you meed to see the actual flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
If you want help, post a link to the report it gives you.

Airdata calls it "voltage drops" so don't know exactly whats their meaning of that?
Okay i will have to upload the logg to DJI flight logg viewer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel