Visual feed glitching on P4P+ (V1 (Obsidian)

Reaction score
Good morning/evening,
Yes this P4P has had 2 knocks BUT the visual glitch has only occured since following rules and updating all the software over the last two weeks.
Remote: - 01.04.03.00 GL300E
(Under the 'About' with drone connected)
App: 4.3.14
Aircraft: 01.05.0600
Precise Fly Safe - Aircraft: 01.00.01.27
Precise Fly Safe - App: 01.22.01.27
Basic Flysafe: 01.00.01.09

My issue is sometimes on startup the visual is a green screen and glitching to have solid visual without 'static'.
When flying - I do basic real estate images - I reach location and the visual is glitchy and I have to wait until it 'locks in' before pressing the capture button. I need to make at least 2 x 360's at varying heights and need to complete the job on one battery - about 20 min.
The glitch happens no matter the height or distance.
Clues?
Suggestions which version of remote and on the connection are best?
I did use DUMLbore earlier in the year with a different drone but sold that for this one.

Hoping someone can assist.
Thank you in advance.

Links to YT shorts I just uploaded

Last edited:
My P4P+ version 1 does this sometimes too. I just land and restart and it usually goes away. The version 1 I have doesn’t like to get too close to cell phone towers, my v2 doesn’t seem to mind as much. Good luck. I’ve discovered the pics actually come out good still, it’s just in the transmission from the drone to the remote.

Reactions: AussieCate
Hate updates, cause more problems than solve. I've had ones that didn't finish completely so have to be redone. If you can borrow a remote 300E or F it might help eliminate drone or remote, as the cause. Firmware, antenna, etc

Assume you've temporarily tried different video transmission modes - Auto to manual 2.4 or 5?

Maybe try reinstalling the new firmware/software?
I have the same Obsidian P4P+ V1, but bought a 300F due to the issue of installing various software back then.
I did like the brightness of the screen but it was a little small for me.
Hope you get it sorted out. Let us know..

My P4P+ version 1 does this sometimes too. I just land and restart and it usually goes away. The version 1 I have doesn’t like to get too close to cell phone towers, my v2 doesn’t seem to mind as much. Good luck. I’ve discovered the pics actually come out good still, it’s just in the transmission from the drone to the remote.
Thank you for your input, I've three jobs to do today so I'll confirm if it's changed. 🤞 But think it's a bit bigger problem than nothing because it's been consistent since I did the update to the drone in line with the remote. Hence thinking of going backwards in firmware via DUMLdore.
Have factory reset the drone so it's now yelling to update. Ugh!

Hate updates, cause more problems than solve. I've had ones that didn't finish completely so have to be redone. If you can borrow a remote 300E or F it might help eliminate drone or remote, as the cause. Firmware, antenna, etc
Thank you for that suggestion. I'll put a call out to the FB world near me if anyone has similar to borrow to confirm connection suspicions.

Assume you've temporarily tried different video transmission modes - Auto to manual 2.4 or 5?

Maybe try reinstalling the new firmware/software?
I have the same Obsidian P4P+ V1, but bought a 300F due to the issue of installing various software back then.
I did like the brightness of the screen but it was a little small for me.
Hope you get it sorted out. Let us know..
Yes, thank you tired the different ones but will give it another concerted effort now I've factory reset the drone.
Oh, I didn't know about/realise there is that option of the 300F.
Working through gimbal calibration, new SD card - certain that's not it because of the behaviour with drone movement and visual feed, reinstall updates.
I've three jobs today so updating now, test, work and if still same I'll go via DUMLdore for earlier versions.
Watch this space.

Updated with visual feed issues - yes images still come out on. Just snowing to wait for it to settle before pressing capture.
Just realised this will impact my choice of video whilst flying. Will test that today too. 🤷🏼
IMG_20221021_175808.jpg

Is this normal that when doing the imu calibration it hangs? Was doing this and it didn't 'lock in' as complete. I turned the drone off, restarted, checked and it had been small, very small bar. 🤷🏼
IMG_20221021_180109.jpg

Factory reset data inconsistent with remote so I'll update before flying jobs today.
IMG_20221026_064113.jpg

So, with the going through things I changed the channel setting from custom to auto ... Heading out to do jobs, I'll see if that's made a difference.
In your collective humble opinion is there a channel setting that's better than another? In sure it's determined by country as well. I'm in Australia should you have forgotten.
Catch you on the other side.

IMG_20221026_073309.jpg

Last edited:
So, with the thing through things I changed the channel setting from custom to auto ... Heading out to do jobs, I'll see if that's made a difference.
In your collective humble opinion is there a channel setting that's better than another? In sure it's determined by country as well. I'm in Australia should you have forgotten.
Catch you on the other side.
So you were set on "Custom" before and just now switched to "Auto"? Who set up the Custom signal? If you didn't know this was an option, that may have been your issue.

Watch this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So you were set on "Custom" before and just now switched to "Auto"? Who set up the Custom signal? If you didn't know this was an option, that may have been your issue.

Watch this.

Nope, that wasn't the issue. The glitch remained through all the jobs.
ALTHOUGH is was less on one job but back to frustratingly glitchy.

Further tests this afternoon with son videoing what I was doing - not sure if there's sound but if so it's totally NOT scripted. 🤣

Video is in my dropbox links below ... ⬇️

Also, one of each of these popped out during each 'bump'. I've replacements but can't just pop them back in, I've a thumb injury ATM, or do I have to remove the landing gear to get them in?

PRIOR to the drone and remote having the same updates I had tape over the 'space' and there wasn't a problem. I removed the tape to pop the covers on.

For the tests this afternoon the first two videos are without tape and the second with tape. There is no difference.
Also, it appears the frequency - when on auto - had to be changed to 5.6 each time. I noticed that and got excited that it's a frequency issue, but alas not to be. 😢

* These first two links are without tape:

* These next two are with tape:

What popped out during each ‘bump’?
What is a bump?

I assume you may be talking about the covers at the top of each landing gear leg……
They snap in place and should stay there if installed correctly.
They are also numbered, and must be placed in their correct location to fit. Underneath those covers are very small screws, a very small electronic board, and an antenna wire. Check that those wire connection’s are secure. End of the wire has a round shape connector that must be pushed down and will ”click” when secure.

What popped out during each ‘bump’?
What is a bump?

I assume you may be talking about the covers at the top of each landing gear leg……
They snap in place and should stay there if installed correctly.
They are also numbered, and must be placed in their correct location to fit. Underneath those covers are very small screws, a very small electronic board, and an antenna wire. Check that those wire connection’s are secure. End of the wire has a round shape connector that must be pushed down and will ”click” when secure.
Yes - the covers at the top of the landing gear and yes they are 1 and 2 that need to be pushed back in.
I'll check the end of the wire round shape connector you speak of after this morning jobs.
Thank you for your reply.

Bump one was straight into street pole wires - totally pilot error. Gimbal was askew but no issues after a restart.
Bump two - it tipped in take off. An unexpected gust at take off forced the drone to fall backwards off the take off platform and tumble onto the ground 'landing' on it back two arms. NO issues after that restart.

All issues with glitchy began after the consistent firmware to drone and remote. It may just be coincidence?

Next step is replacing the ribbon I think.

I have a similar problem with my v1. I'm not sure how long ago it started - certainly within the last six months. Luckily, I have a v2 as well - which is what I mostly fly, but I'm thinking of lodging a Care-Refresh claim, as it's doing my head in. The drone is barely usable with this fault. It's just the transmitted video - the video recorded to the SD card is unaffected. It appears to be correlated to movement in the picture. The less movement, the less distortion. When the drone's sitting on the ground there's no distortion at all.

Here's an example of what I'm getting. This is from the low-res video (720p) saved to my phone. I've up-scaled it to 1080p.

• Sad
I have a similar problem with my v1. I'm not sure how long ago it started - certainly within the last six months. Luckily, I have a v2 as well - which is what I mostly fly, but I'm thinking of lodging a Care-Refresh claim, as it's doing my head in. The drone is barely usable with this fault. It's just the transmitted video - the video recorded to the SD card is unaffected. It appears to be correlated to movement in the picture. The less movement, the less distortion. When the drone's sitting on the ground there's no distortion at all.

Here's an example of what I'm getting. This is from the low-res video (720p) saved to my phone. I've up-scaled it to 1080p.

I apologise I've not been on for a while ... but my glitchy problem remains. After calling Camzilla today in Sydney they said I'm about the fourth person with the same issue and from their understanding it's that the remote can not cope with the recent updates. That DJI replaced the Pro + remove with a newer (?) remote that requires the phone or tablet. I don't want a phone or tablet so it looks like I need to downgrade the firmware with Dumbdore. Trying to work out and remember how to do it.

Glitchy video/image feed resolved.
Yesterday I had such a woeful fly session I'd had enough.
I rang a service centre/drone sales shop and happened to speak with a fellow who admitted that I'm about the fourth person in recent weeks ringing with the same problem.
That some previous clients had the RC replaced - from the plus with the screen to a regular one. The problem appears to be the RC hardware can not core with the new firmware update.
I rolled the RC to factory default and through DUMLdore rolled the AC to the firmware 1.4.xxx
Test flight this morning no glitching and then the job was finished in one battery with no glitching!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Starz
Glad you sorted this out! That was a long road!
Glad you posted the firmware numbers on the remote and aircraft (above).
The GL300E that came with my P4P+ hasn’t been used in a long time. Been using a GL300F. Wondering if I’d have the same issue if I were to use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers