Vision plus 3.0 or Phantom 3

Reaction score
Was flying yesterday and crashed Phantom2 vision plus in the lake! (She Gone)
Going to replace it. Should I get the Phantom 2 vision plus or the Phantom 3 ?
I can get a Vision plus 3.0 for 969.00 with another hard case! Or should I spend alittle more and get the Phantom 3

Get the v3, its perfect as is. batteries are down to $99. Ill wait for the P3p ver2. IMO

I have a P2Vplus v3. I don't have a P3, but based on the much better quality of the camera and the range of the FPV, I definitely would go with a P3 and not the 4K.

Does the P2V+ have all the cool autopilot and Home Lock, Home Point, Course Lock etc that the P3 has? What does the P3 have over the V+ other than range, better camera and.... is that it?

Does the P2V+ have all the cool autopilot and Home Lock, Home Point, Course Lock etc that the P3 has? What does the P3 have over the V+ other than range, better camera and.... is that it?
Much better range, much better camera, much better pilot app and much better controller. Not sure what that leaves on the table. But the Vision Plus is a great product.

Forgive me, I'm new, and I don't mean to be rude but that doesn't tell me a lot. :)

"Better" is quite subjective so I wonder if you can qualify your statements?

And in your opinion is it worth the extra few 100 pounds for the P3 Pro over the V+?

I gather P3 has a Dev kit etc, does the V+?

Thanks!

The P3 with Lightbridge is a huge leap beyond P2 technology and usability.
Against the P2 series this is like comparing coal-fired with turbo diesel.

Reactions: 750r

The Phantom 3 does not have Home-lock (yet) but it does have Course-lock (aka "cable cam")

The P3 is better in pretty much every way. That does not mean that the P2V+ isn't a good quadcopter (I have one too). It just isn't as good as the P3.

It really depends on your need + how much you are willing to spend.

If I was into the fixed cam bird I would go for the P3P . From what I understand in time you will be able to use the inspire controller witch will be able to talk with the cloud for live streaming . I have no intentions of buying one this is just what I've been hearing .

The P3 with Lightbridge is a huge leap beyond P2 technology and usability.
Against the P2 series this is like comparing coal-fired with turbo diesel.

This 1000x.

I can't think of a single component of any of the previous Phantom models that is better than stuff the P3 offers.

I easily get 2 miles plus range with full control and video on my stock P3. I was lucky to get 2600 feet with the Vision 2 Plus and spent another $200 for a Stage 2 antenna which still only gave me up to 7000 feet. The camera is much better on the P3 (I have the Advanced). The only thing I miss from the Vision 2Plus is Ground Station

This 1000x.

I can't think of a single component of any of the previous Phantom models that is better than stuff the P3 offers.

I agree. However, there are currently a few functions that the P2V+ has that the P3 does not have. Namely; Groundstation (ability to set waypoints to program a preprogrammed flight) and Home Lock (useful to get the bird home if you don't know what direction it is turning and you can't see it).

These two functions ought to come to the P3 - if DJI decides to. There is no reason they could not be on the P3.

So... a very minor point to get the P2v+ at this time as these "benefits" will be going away in the near future.
Are these not already implemented into some of the 3rd party flight apps? Sure I saw a vid of these features on a P3...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.