Vision Pilot App

Reaction score
So I was checking out the apps in the google play store and I see that the person responsible for one of my favorite Vision Plus apps has recently released his newest app the Vision Pilot. And like his other apps it's not free. Cost on this app was $7.73. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... isionpilot

I'm not posting this to help him get downloads. But if this app is like his last one it will be worth mentioning. I know he will see this so I want to ask him a few questions about the app.

How do we access the data logger mentioned in the recent update?

When you there be adjustable boost setting to increase the power transmitting from the transmitter and quad?

Hey Frank

Had a bit of a read of features.... First off... LOVE the work Taco-RC does!!
But besides being a new version of DJI App... and reporting wifi strength... and a map feature or two... what advantages you seeing ?

BTW Frank you purchase ? I have a work phone... and they pay for anything I buy from App store lol... so tempted to give it a whirl...

Bit of a let down we need to pay full price to purchase... understand its totally diff app.. but always nice for reduced fee... but yeah.. guess I am not paying :/

Yeah I bought it, do you need a copy of it?

So far the app is somewhat generic. If it doesn't have the option to boost the signal between the transmitter and quad I don't want it. Also same goes for Flight Logger feature. So far I see no sign of it have either one. This is not beta version either so it's not looking good at the moment. I will email a link to this thread to the app seller.

justin00 said:
Hey Frank

Had a bit of a read of features.... First off... LOVE the work Taco-RC does!!
But besides being a new version of DJI App... and reporting wifi strength... and a map feature or two... what advantages you seeing ?

BTW Frank you purchase ? I have a work phone... and they pay for anything I buy from App store lol... so tempted to give it a whirl...

Bit of a let down we need to pay full price to purchase... understand its totally diff app.. but always nice for reduced fee... but yeah.. guess I am not paying :/

It is the limitation of the DJI SDK. You cannot have multiple wifi connection to your phantom vision via two different apps. Thats is the reason why it should be implemented separately.

flyNfrank said:

So far the app is somewhat generic. If it doesn't have the option to boost the signal between the transmitter and quad I don't want it. Also same goes for Flight Logger feature. So far I see no sign of it have either one. This is not beta version either so it's not looking good at the moment. I will email a link to this thread to the app seller.

Yes both of android and ios flight logger are being developed. The flight log system includes the on screen presentation. Some nice features such as POI, follow me are also in our TODO list.

ocatcr said:
Yes both of android and ios flight logger are being developed. The flight log system includes the on screen presentation. Some nice features such as POI, follow me are also in our TODO list.

Speaking of TODO list. If you can add a feature that will let me adjust the "critical battery level" you will have another user. My Phantom has a set CBL of 16% at which time it begins to land. You can throttle up to a degree but it becomes impossible to handle. I want to see the option to let me lower that to say 8% so I have more flight time without worrying about the autoland. This is especially worrisome if flying over water. I am not sure why DJI took that feature away, but it is surly needed.

Mopar Bob said:
Speaking of TODO list. If you can add a feature that will let me adjust the "critical battery level" you will have another user. My Phantom has a set CBL of 16% at which time it begins to land. You can throttle up to a degree but it becomes impossible to handle. I want to see the option to let me lower that to say 8% so I have more flight time without worrying about the autoland. This is especially worrisome if flying over water. I am not sure why DJI took that feature away, but it is surly needed.

Thanks for your suggestion. It can be added to our WISHLIST. Currently there is no way to access the critical battery level via DJI SDK.

flyNfrank said:

Flight Logger will be available soon. The flight log system includes on screen presentation It is compatible with Phantom 2 Vision / Vsion + V2 V3. Feedback is welcome.

1553053_1622444387989269_2309376224107160103_o.jpg

1401473_1622444404655934_7127252342153744983_o.png

Lookin' pretty.

Just to clarify, does the flight log get stored to the device directly? Or is it stored locally on the Phantom and transferred? My only wonder is that if you ever eventually do get around to putting in a ground station (not sure if you have level 2- but I am really hoping you do and plan on it), that if it flys out of connection range, that there will be data gaps if it relys on communicating all the time with your phone/tablet.

I don't know if there are temp directories that you can write to via SSH to store it on the Phantom and then transfer it periodically to the phone/tablet. Sounds like a ***** to program but just a thought if you ever do plan on doing a ground station. :D

Now that looks good ocatcr, very good.

ilovecoffee said:
Lookin' pretty.

Just to clarify, does the flight log get stored to the device directly? Or is it stored locally on the Phantom and transferred? My only wonder is that if you ever eventually do get around to putting in a ground station (not sure if you have level 2- but I am really hoping you do and plan on it), that if it flys out of connection range, that there will be data gaps if it relys on communicating all the time with your phone/tablet.

I don't know if there are temp directories that you can write to via SSH to store it on the Phantom and then transfer it periodically to the phone/tablet. Sounds like a ***** to program but just a thought if you ever do plan on doing a ground station. :D

Currently the log is stored in the app database file and can be exported to cvs or kml file for other app(eg. Dashware, google earth) import. We have level 2 access and will start implementing the follow me, POI... features later. You are correct if the wifi connection is broken, there will be data loss. It is the limitation of the DJI SDK.

Since todays update the app will now not start.

flyNfrank said:

before updating please uninstall the original one first. sorry that we forgot to mention it in the description.

ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

before updating please uninstall the original one first. sorry that we forgot to mention it in the description.

Yes it works now again.

Tip to use Vision Pilot. Until the home icon is shown, phantom does not have the home point lock. But sometimes that the signal can be dropped and the lock will be lost. Even you get more than 6 satellite signal, we recommend never taking off until the home icon is shown.

10646878_1623240387909669_4025758185653924567_n.png

That is nice.

What is the process of accessing the Flight Logger .csv and kml files?

flyNfrank said:
That is nice.

What is the process of accessing the Flight Logger .csv and kml files?

We will implement the csv and kml export in next release.

Some customers ask what the red polyline means in the map. Red polyline indicates wifi signal dropped and there is no data logged.

10515209_1623885967845111_7878162264878370897_o.jpg

I've installed the app, flown 5 times (fifth time the app crashed)
How does my total millage show as I've flown for nearly 14000 miles.

Cheers
Andy

Lew40 said:
I've installed the app, flown 5 times (fifth time the app crashed)
How does my total millage show as I've flown for nearly 14000 miles.

Cheers
Andy

Currently if you quit the app or the app crashed without the motor off, the record for this flight was not logged.
Could you email us the screen capture of the map with the flight path? we could forward it to our team to take a look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers