Vision Pilot App

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
Sorry there is no way to adjust the dBm values. It seems that most users in this forum do not like a complicated user interface so we simplified the UI of the booster feature with only one button click.

Ok I think your Japanese Translator is confusing the questions being asked?

(7. Wifi Booster
One click enhances the WiFi Video Reception Performance. It will boost the output signal up to 100% from both the Range Extender and Transmitter to increase the FPV range.)

Let's try one of the questions that you seem to struggle with. It says the signal gets boosted up to 100%.

What is the default signal amount before being boosted? 60,70,80,90?

Hi, the default transmit power of camera is 7dBm.

ocatcr said:
tcope said:
So I found the screen shots in prior posts showing the video and camera icons on the right side of the display screen. I’ve never seen them displayed when I use the app. Here is my take on the app….

Using a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0. Placed the phone in Airplane mode. I can connect WiFi to the Phantom but when I launch the app it almost always shows its disconnected. I go into WiFi and it is connected. When I use the pull down menu to show battery charge among other things the battery charge flashes on that screen for a split second and then goes back to 0%. There is no camera display at all. I’ve spend 15 minutes switching the Phantom off/on, turning the booster off/on, disconnected/reconnecting to WiFi and after that time, finally had it connect. But before then I’d also exit out of the app and go into the DJI app and it worked perfectly.

So I was able to finally connect to and got the camera to register on my phone. However, no icons to take video or photos. They simply never showed up. So I was unable to take any video or photos.

I checked the Flight log and it’s amazing! I love the information that it returns.

However, for me the app is unusable. Spending 15 minutes working to get it to connect is miserable. Then not being able to take any photos or video… kills the whole thing.

I’m going to _guess_ that this might be an issue with the app and Android 5.0 but I can’t know for sure. Could be that I’m just hoping that it is and it’s an easy fix. But until something is done to allow these features I’ll just consider it $10 spent to try out the app. Kind of expensive given the return.

Oh... and the app crashed about 3 times during all of this as well.

DJI app... rock solid.

Thanks for your feedback. Our app is developed with DJI Official SDK. If you cannot get it connected in the first time, trying to restart the app again should fix the problem. If the app is crashed, please submit the bug report to google play store. We will forward the report to our team / DJI dev team.

Same problem here, no camera display at all, canceled my purchase. I hate this alpha testing on us.

ocatcr said:
We really appreciate your feedback. Our team just sent us the video for next release that fixed the problem you mentioned.

I quickly tested the app outside today. Appears that the camera and video are working fine. I looked at the video for v2.6 and see some issues. First, the recording information is till under the WiFi Booster icon. If it's been moved to the side of the screen then it should be removed from the top. Also, I'd _highly_ recommend that brighter colors be used for the red recording icon. The pinkish color can't be seen very well outside (and bright red is the normal color used anyway). As we mentioned by UgashikBib, the height, speed, etc. icons in the left left corner need to be larger. The black box that they occupy is so much larger... I see no point in taking up some of that box and making that entire read out larger so it can be seen outside.

On a lesser note, the two finger, single finger thing for the photos and video is just not very good. I'd rather see camera and video icons on the screen in order to perform those functions. Yes, they will take up FPV/screen room but it's much cleaner if done that way.

Lastly, someone _really_ need to write up a short instruction list. If for nothing else, people need to be told how to get past that stupid splash screen (I see no reason anyone should need to take the icon to get into the app).

The one/two finger tap thing to take photos and start/stop recording is really useful when you're wearing FPV goggles, you can tap anywhere on the screen and it'll work. Little buttons are very hard to locate with your fingers when you're looking into goggles. So... please don't take away the tap thing! We need both, or let the user choose whether to show buttons by setting an option somewhere.

CloudsNeverDie said:
The one/two finger tap thing to take photos and start/stop recording is really useful when you're wearing FPV goggles, you can tap anywhere on the screen and it'll work.

Good point. For me its a very minor issue so either way should be fine. I'd still like to see a bright red recording icon instead of the very faint one.

Maybe An Option In The Settings To Enable On Screen Camera Buttons.

Also On The Mini Map View I Noticed That The Zoom Buttons Are Labelled Wrong.
Eg + Zooms Out Where - Zooms In.
v2.5

ocatcr:
Appreciate the links and suggestions. Just installed Version 2.8. looking better but need a break on weather to test and feed back. Anxious to see feedback on boost usage for distance. Also a +1 vote to neuter the splash screen.
Ugashik Bob

BioTeq said:
ocatcr said:
tcope said:
So I found the screen shots in prior posts showing the video and camera icons on the right side of the display screen. I’ve never seen them displayed when I use the app. Here is my take on the app….

Using a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0. Placed the phone in Airplane mode. I can connect WiFi to the Phantom but when I launch the app it almost always shows its disconnected. I go into WiFi and it is connected. When I use the pull down menu to show battery charge among other things the battery charge flashes on that screen for a split second and then goes back to 0%. There is no camera display at all. I’ve spend 15 minutes switching the Phantom off/on, turning the booster off/on, disconnected/reconnecting to WiFi and after that time, finally had it connect. But before then I’d also exit out of the app and go into the DJI app and it worked perfectly.

So I was able to finally connect to and got the camera to register on my phone. However, no icons to take video or photos. They simply never showed up. So I was unable to take any video or photos.

I checked the Flight log and it’s amazing! I love the information that it returns.

However, for me the app is unusable. Spending 15 minutes working to get it to connect is miserable. Then not being able to take any photos or video… kills the whole thing.

I’m going to _guess_ that this might be an issue with the app and Android 5.0 but I can’t know for sure. Could be that I’m just hoping that it is and it’s an easy fix. But until something is done to allow these features I’ll just consider it $10 spent to try out the app. Kind of expensive given the return.

Oh... and the app crashed about 3 times during all of this as well.

DJI app... rock solid.

Thanks for your feedback. Our app is developed with DJI Official SDK. If you cannot get it connected in the first time, trying to restart the app again should fix the problem. If the app is crashed, please submit the bug report to google play store. We will forward the report to our team / DJI dev team.

Same problem here, no camera display at all, canceled my purchase. I hate this alpha testing on us.

We are sorry to hear that. Any chance to tell us more about your device? What is the problem you had? We are willing to help.

Took me forever to figure out how to get the app to work. At least add text TAP THE CAMERA ICON. Almost deleted the **** thing. Switched back to DJI vision and thought maybe it didn't update so I updated 3 times.

tcope said:
ocatcr said:
We really appreciate your feedback. Our team just sent us the video for next release that fixed the problem you mentioned.

I quickly tested the app outside today. Appears that the camera and video are working fine. I looked at the video for v2.6 and see some issues. First, the recording information is till under the WiFi Booster icon. If it's been moved to the side of the screen then it should be removed from the top. Also, I'd _highly_ recommend that brighter colors be used for the red recording icon. The pinkish color can't be seen very well outside (and bright red is the normal color used anyway). As we mentioned by UgashikBib, the height, speed, etc. icons in the left left corner need to be larger. The black box that they occupy is so much larger... I see no point in taking up some of that box and making that entire read out larger so it can be seen outside.

On a lesser note, the two finger, single finger thing for the photos and video is just not very good. I'd rather see camera and video icons on the screen in order to perform those functions. Yes, they will take up FPV/screen room but it's much cleaner if done that way.

Lastly, someone _really_ need to write up a short instruction list. If for nothing else, people need to be told how to get past that stupid splash screen (I see no reason anyone should need to take the icon to get into the app).

Hi, the recording information under the wifi booster icon is displayed by the DJI SDK camera module and there is no way to get rid of it. We are considering to add the take photo and start recording button in the coming release. We appreciate your feedback and will forward them to our dev team.

UgashikBob said:
ocatcr:
Appreciate the links and suggestions. Just installed Version 2.8. looking better but need a break on weather to test and feed back. Anxious to see feedback on boost usage for distance. Also a +1 vote to neuter the splash screen.
Ugashik Bob

The wifi booster should work fine as our old app Vision Utility. We will think about how to handle the first screen properly.

CloudsNeverDie said:
The one/two finger tap thing to take photos and start/stop recording is really useful when you're wearing FPV goggles, you can tap anywhere on the screen and it'll work. Little buttons are very hard to locate with your fingers when you're looking into goggles. So... please don't take away the tap thing! We need both, or let the user choose whether to show buttons by setting an option somewhere.

We are considering to add the take photo and start recording button in the coming release.

LordEvil said:
Took me forever to figure out how to get the app to work. At least add text TAP THE CAMERA ICON. Almost deleted the **** thing. Switched back to DJI vision and thought maybe it didn't update so I updated 3 times.

Thanks for your feedback and it surely help us improve our app. We are thinking how to handle it properly.

ocatcr said:
For next iOS release, we are considering to add a map navigation feature suggested by our customers. How this mode works: it allows the real time map can be rotated and panned based on the device bearing or the direction the drone is traveling in. If it is based on the drone traveling direction, the drone marker bearing will not change while the map underneath it appears to be moving and rotating.

11025160_1631563203744054_1966136499853247022_n.png

For next iOS release, we will added some features suggested by our customers. eg.
- Aircraft navigation mode: map is zoom in/out and rotated based on the direction the aircraft is traveling in.
- Pilot navigation mode: map is zoom in/out and rotated based on iDevice bearing.
- Shortest path(Green line shown in the map view) between home and aircraft point.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDGdz5wUat8[/youtube]

GeneralKitFisto said:
I think they should make updates on the currently crappy FC40 app, but that's just me.

off-topic.

our app only supports DJI Phantom Vision /Vision+.

Is the flight logger working on this app yet, if so has a profile logger been created for Dashware?

flyNfrank said:
Is the flight logger working on this app yet, if so has a profile logger been created for Dashware?

Yes. We are working on the export/import features for android device. It should be compatible with Dashware.

flyNfrank said:

Yes current android release has the flight log export, attached is a sample Dashware profile.

Attachments

• Vision Pilot.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 194
ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

Yes current android release has the flight log export, attached is a sample Dashware profile.

The attached file needs to be a .xml for dashware.

There is...
*No Vision Pilot folders that appears on the device
*No Export All option that appears anywhere in VisionPilot app
*No saved .csv or .kml files saved or appear anywhere
*No option to access device wifi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic