Video unavailable

• Thread starter Deleted member 108945
  • Start date
Nice flying and nice video. The transitions are a bit abrupt but I liked your low altitude views and the tricky maneuvering in the forests. The horses were a bit startled but I don't think it traumatized them in those few seconds.

Great video. I was able to visit Scotland years ago. Toured Loch Ness and got to see the Highland Games. Great times. I'd love to come back. Thanks for the video!

Loved it. You were at Loch Ness, but I see you missed your chance of getting your trip paid for. LOL
No, I haven't been there, it's on the list of places to go. I have only edited the video.

Thanks for watch and comment!!

I thought the same thing. If I did it by accident, I wouldn't had put that on the video. It is a distraction from the serenity of the video.
It's not my fault to fly over the horses but yes to include it on the video. Agree with you, it's a distraction

Nice flying and nice video. The transitions are a bit abrupt but I liked your low altitude views and the tricky maneuvering in the forests. The horses were a bit startled but I don't think it traumatized them in those few seconds.

Thanks but I ddn´t shoot fotage, I edited the video

Why transitions are a litle bit abrupt? Is it because there are no real transitions, if not just changing scenes?

I am of the opinion of don´t add transitions to a video, unless they give something to it, or are strictly necessary. In this video, I don't think they contribute anything, nor is there any moment in the video where you cannot make the change of scene without transition. What do you think about?

Great video. I was able to visit Scotland years ago. Toured Loch Ness and got to see the Highland Games. Great times. I'd love to come back. Thanks for the video!

Hope you can come back

Thanks to you!

So this is not even your own video? Uh, OK.

You are right about my mis-call. There are no transitions. But there should be to provide a more pleasant viewer experience. The lack of them here is jolting.

I find that disappointing that this is not your video. Usually this is an outlet to show our work to furum members. Why did you show this video if it is not yours?

I find that disappointing that this is not your video. Usually this is an outlet to show our work to furum members. Why did you show this video if it is not yours?

I haven´t said it's not my video, I have said: "I ddn´t shoot fotage, I edited the video" (with typing error included) This fact can be read on the description of the video, published on my channel, since its published.

Why is this disappointing? that are hard words. Of course it's my video, if I hadn't edited it, it wouldn't be like it´s now, it would be a totally different video, so it's my video.

I'm showing the recording work of another person, who asked me to edit the video and gave me permission to publish it on my YouTube channel, and my own work for scene selection, editing, colour grade, ...etc.

So this is not even your own video? Uh, OK.

You are right about my mis-call. There are no transitions. But there should be to provide a more pleasant viewer experience. The lack of them here is jolting.

Again, as on my previous reply, why is it not my video? Please read my previous reply about this topic.

And I'm sorry, but I'm also not agree that the video needs transitions ... As we say in Spain "Para gustos, los colores" I think in English would be something like "everyone to his own taste" or "to each his own"

As I said before, when I add transitions in a video it is to give you something. As it is difficult to explain, I think it is better to give an example (which by the way, I have recorded and edited)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope that if you watch the video, you will understand what I mean about transitions

I haven´t said it's not my video, I have said: "I ddn´t shoot fotage, I edited the video" (with typing error included) This fact can be read on the description of the video, published on my channel, since its published.

Why is this disappointing? that are hard words. Of course it's my video, if I hadn't edited it, it wouldn't be like it´s now, it would be a totally different video, so it's my video.

I'm showing the recording work of another person, who asked me to edit the video and gave me permission to publish it on my YouTube channel, and my own work for scene selection, editing, colour grade, ...etc.

Believe me , I'm not trying to be harsh in a mean way. There are cultural ways of thinking that makes it hard for others to understand. I would think you would give credit to the person that did the photography work. That didn't come clear to me as posted here on this forum. Your doing just the editing wasn't clear to me. That is what socked me. Maybe if I went back, I might see it? Sorry, I still can't see it as your video. Not by clipping it and adding music. Do you fly a drone?

I think we're experiencing generational differences. Young people expect, are accustomed to, and even enjoy the short duration clips, the transitions that look like video transmission problems or small explosions, and probably the metal guitar noise soundtrack. I find that all just annoying. Years ago it became fashionable for 'artists' to re-mix other musicians popular music and then call it their own. Some even became well known, and probably made good money without ever having to learn music, singing, mastering an instrument, or having a band and touring. Before that, it would have been a lawsuit by the publishers. Same idea here. Editing (like remixing) seems to be it's own art form now. Sorry, I don't think so. It definitely is a skill and a creative process that warrants recognition, but not the title of Author or composer (or drone operator, in this case). But I'm surely much older than eutx9795. That's why I use my real name. Generational.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Thanks but I ddn´t shoot fotage, I edited the video

Why transitions are a litle bit abrupt? Is it because there are no real transitions, if not just changing scenes?

I am of the opinion of don´t add transitions to a video, unless they give something to it, or are strictly necessary. In this video, I don't think they contribute anything, nor is there any moment in the video where you cannot make the change of scene without transition. What do you think about?
IMHO, I like either fade out/fade in or cross dissolve, especially with landscape video. I find fast or complex transitions to be distracting or annoying. Just my 2 cents.

I think it's a nicely edited piece. The type of transition you use is highly subjective. There is no perfect singular method. I think the sharp cuts nicely fit the strong beats you changed on and I happen to like them. Sometimes it's nice to throw in a couple of transitions that are slightly different, say a 10 or 15 frame dissolve. That way, since there a few different ones, the viewer knows that the ones and where they are, is intentional. If the scene change is on a slower and more floating beat, then a dissolve makes sense. If the change of scene is on a strong quick up beat, then a cut is frequently nice. Again, it's very subjective so don't take the criticism to seriously. Develop your own style and build on it and be proud of it. What is bad is when new editors get their first software and they try out every transition type in the program in the same video. That's never good...lol....

I always love seeing ruins and scenes in countries where humans have roamed and built civilization over 1000s or years. In the US, nothing is over 400 or 500 years. We don't the long and interesting history that Scotland does. We got married outside of Edinburgh in Dal Hausie and I recall the really old structures, beautiful vistas and how wonderful Scotland is.

Thanks for the video.