Video resolution

Guess
We will get you there.....
It has to be an issue with my 64GB card. I put my 16GB card in, formatted it and recorded 4K video. Put the card in my Transcend card reader and played it on my TV in 4k. Does something need to be done to the 64GB card for it to work? Thanks

This is a fairly common problem when attempting to view video files that were recorded in .MOV format. Support for .MOV on TV's hasn't been as widespread as .MP4 and other formats. Changing the format in the GO app will solve that problem for any newly recorded videos. To view any videos already recorded in .MOV format, there's no shortage of video file converters out there that you can use to covert them to .MP4 or another usable format. I've used Media Converter to convert .MOV files to .MP4 for viewing on a TV that doesn't support .MOV format.

Well I am happily surprised. My TV in fact DOES play 4K video files from a USB stick.

Not wanting to get the thread off course, but this did come up earlier in the thread. My TV is a Vizio M70-C3 Costco special. Previously I had only tried to play 4K videos copied from my iPhone which takes 4K video in MOV format, didn't work. And from my Phantom 4 which we all know takes video in H264 MP4 format, didn't play those either.

This thread got me wondering if my TV would play 4K MP4 files encoded using H265. I grabbed a test video off my iPhone and using Format Factory (which is an awesome free audio/video video tool) I re-encoded it and sure enough, it plays 4K MP4's off my USB stick, hooray!

Edit: My TV DOES play H264 files in 1080, but apparently it's got to be H265 for 4K, weird.

I tried H265 and the 64 GB card still doesn't play anything on the TV. But the 16 GB card works fine.

I went and bought a 32 GB card and everything works great. So everything works great with 16 and 32GB cards, whats the deal with the 64GB card? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94