Video resolution

Reaction score
What's the best video resolution taken with the P4P that can be played on a 4K TV using only the Transcend card reader?

My TV is saying " need to connect the device formatted by Windows OS". I obviously don't know much about this stuff but to me that means I need to use a computer to make this video watchable on my TV.

I was using a new 64 GB card. Don't think I formatted it in the Go 4 App. Would that be it?

On my 4K TV the highest res video file on a memory card or thumb drive it will play is full HD 1920x1080.

I think my TV is the same. I had another video on a different card and lower resolution and it played just fine. Thanks Stew-2

Please check the specifications of your tv [emoji342]

That sounds like great 4K Telly.....

I purchased it a few years ago when 4K TV's were pretty new so it seems to be one of those limitations. It has several HDMI ports labeled 4K and it can play streaming 4K such as Amazon Prime. Honestly though even on a 70" screen it's hard for me to tell the difference between a good full HD video and 4K. It was twice as expensive as 1080 TV's and I mostly bought it in an attempt to 'future proof' my purchase :)

Interestingly I just bought a new blue ray player a few weeks ago and it also only plays 1080 video files through it's USB port, no 4K which was surprising.

Think you nailed it on the head! My TV is two years old, an early 4K. That's the reason I bought my 4K TV two years ago, to be future proof. Probably a waste of money. I'm back to thinking it is the card. My TV won't even play 720 video. I get this message. Unsupported file system.
Need to connect the device formatted by Windows OS. It works with the original 16 GB card that came with the P4P but not the 64gb card I bought. The cards are same brand and everything but the new one has more capacity.

Reactions: Hawkwind and Stew-2
Think you nailed it on the head! My TV is two years old, an early 4K. That's the reason I bought my 4K TV two years ago, to be future proof. Probably a waste of money. I'm back to thinking it is the card. My TV won't even play 720 video. I get this message. Unsupported file system.
Need to connect the device formatted by Windows OS. It works with the original 16 GB card that came with the P4P but not the 64gb card I bought. The cards are same brand and everything but the new one has more capacity.
The 64 Gig card will be formatted as EXFat, not FAT32.

What brand and model is the TV?

A simple google search or squiz at the manual will reveal what file file system, container, codec’s, resolution and frame rate and max bitrates are supported.

Once you understand what the Telly is capable of you simply encode your footage accordingly.

Boy do I wish I knew what you were talking about! My TV is an LG Oled TV, model 55EF9500.

Your TV manual

599203BA-404E-4637-8B81-3C30D4F44206.jpeg

Phantom 4 Pro

637A7356-DE18-4463-8B6A-041A3AA886BB.jpeg

What container are type are you using to record on the phantom? It would seem MOV is not supported by the TV whereas MP4 is. Check that first.

H265/HVEC codec is supported by the TV so 4K should work (subject to max bitrate considerations- the TV manual does not mention max bitrate).

Google is your friend here.

I looked up specs on my TV and i didn't see anything that resembled EXFAT.
Is Ultra HAD 3840x2160.
4K UHD file playback HEVC, VP9
I don’t think it’s file system (card format). The windows file error you got might be container, i.e. MP4= Windows, MOV=MAC. Do the video files your trying to play have a .MOV extension? You can change it to .MP4 in the GO app.

I really appreciate all the feedback guys but I'm just a farmer from Kansas and don't understand this language...lol. I will check the Go app and MP4 setting. Thanks

Reactions: OOO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94