**VIDEO** - Pulsing gimbal motor and cracked screw holes with 10 hours of flight time

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Issues with my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced with a little over 10 hours on it which was first used on 5/22/2015. This unit has never crashed or has been abused and is mostly hand caught in landings.

1. Pulsing gimbal motor which causes vibration in my videos when the pulsing occurs.
2. Small crack on the gimbal arm, however this may be a molding imperfection.
3. Cracked screw holes on the body shell arms that are worsening by the day. See here for more details - http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/...

This is very disappointing for a product that I have used for a little over 10 hours, first used on 5/22/2015.

I'm really hoping DJI will rectify this situation when I can get in touch with them.

Discuss.....

Last edited:
After seeing your video on the gimbal crack, I think the consensus is right. It isn't a crack but a moulding. Mine looks just like yours, fancy that...A lot are saying this is normal. I've notice no jello in my videos.

My main issue at this point is the rhythmic buzzing you can hear in the video. Every time that buzz occurs, it causes vibration in the video. This couldn't have come at a worse time as I'm on vacation in Solveg and LA right now. I first noticed there was a problem when I played back the Elephant Seal Point footage and could see the vibration pulsing in the video every 2 seconds.

At this point I could care less about the screw hole cracks. I need to figure out how to fix the motor pulsing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers