Video lost instantly after take off

Reaction score
Hello

Got my lightbridge two weeks ago.
I have a phantom 2 with h3 3d gimbal.
First test flight was at an open field but in an urban area. I got 500m before I lost the video feed. So I thought maybe it's interference or something.

I didn't have time to do further testing until now.
I am currently on the country side away from civilization with poor internet I might add.

Now I loose the video feed almost instantly after take off.
I recently realised I had the gopro at 2.7K so I changed it to 1080 / 30 but the same thing happens.

I loose video feed and I can see that the video LED on the lightbridge air unit turns red if I hover. I get the feed back when I land and the LED turns green.

Never lost the control link and I have flown by line of sight as far as I dare but no video :(

Firmware is the latest on phantom and lightbridge air and ground unit(2 weeks ago).

Ant ideas what is going on here? Very frustrated right now because I can't even get 500m like I did on the first flight?

Just headed in to the nearest town, went online and updated the ground and air unit. I also updated the lightbridge app(android version).

Still dont't get video. In fact now I'm having trouble getting video even when on the ground.

I'm using the paddle antennas but I have tried the other ones as well.

What kind of values should I be seeing in the signal diagnostic?
When I'm close I get about -30 on both, and as soon as I move away a bit it drops to -50 -60.

You can only shoot in 720 mode at this time. That is why. I don't have telemetry but have video. My Futaba 14sg works through lb app but not in the phantom app, nor does it start the thing anymore. Im lost too...

Reset your lightbridge ground station a few times, turn it on. Wait a good minute or so - Then boot your phantom up - wait, if it doesn't sync after a few reboots well - I hope an update or resync fixes it.

I recently had an issue with our system same gimbal as yours - It wouldn't pick up video at all, rebooted it about 8 times in different processes of the aerial and ground station unit - It eventually came back.

I do believe that the video feed can lock up some where - After powering down the gopro twice and unplugging it - Then booting the gopro back on, turning off the phantom, and the ground station - Then booting the ground station up, waiting 1 minute then turning on the phantom 2 got it going again...

Hope this helps.

Rebooting won't help, setting gopro to 720 doesn't work either.
Like I said, I have video prior to take-off even in 2.7K but loose it as soon as I'm airborne.

Waiting for dji to respond, which may be a while...

Have you removed the original FPV antennas and transmitter? There's nothing in the Lightbridge instructions about doing it, but that was my original problem.

Have you removed the original FPV antennas and transmitter? There's nothing in the Lightbridge instructions about doing it, but that was my original problem.

No I didn't.
Can you be more specific? I'm not sure which antennas and transmitter your are talking about.
Thanks.

I just did it. But it didn't work.

My mistake, have you removed the original receiver and antennas from the Phantom? The Lightbridge system has it's own control system for the Phantom making the original one redundant. This seemed to help me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31