Video lag phantom 3 advance

Reaction score
Hi! Im using a samsung note 4 on my phantom 3 advance and I notice a 2 second delay on the video when Im flying it. Is there a way to address this problem. Thanks

Reactions: Berdy
Don't use a Samsung? I have an iPad Air and have zero lag...
Seriously, do you always have the lag, even if you have the AC and RC are next to each other? Have you tried another phone/tablet?

In Litchi you can adjust the video down to 4mb in the settings. I did I have no lag on a Mini2.
Good question about the results when the P3 and the RC are next to each other.
Someone once said to clean the contacts on the ribbon cable from the camera. Couldn't hurt I guess.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I was getting similar lag on my Ipad mini 3. I replaced the lighting cable which wasn't an OEM cable but haven't tried it yet to see if that resolved the problem. I tried my samsung Tab S the same day and didn't get any lag. I was getting it in Go and Litchi on the Ipad. I couldn't try Litchi on the Android because I only purchased it for apple but it worked good in Go.

Reactions: Dounin Front
I experience the same issue even if the ac and rc are next to eachother. I only have 15 flights so this is relatively new. I think the latest update of dji go has something to do with it.

I havent tried to use other phone to see if its going to do the same. Will update you guys.

I havent tried to use other phone to see if its going to do the same. Will update you guys.
Since most others aren't having the the lag issue with the latest IOS updates for Go app, and firmware updates for the controller and aircraft, you could try completely uninstalling/reinstalling Go app and swapping out the lightning cable as rstekeur mentioned above.
Good luck

In many cases when people use their phones to run the Go app they have a ton of other apps installed on them. Those apps use resources and slow the device down.

You would be amazed at how many background programs are running on your phone. The best option it to have a dedicated device but if you can't do that or don't want to do that you should uninstall all apps that your are not using, disable notifications, disable all the Bloatware on your phone (Samsung has a good amount), install a app killer and run it before each flight session.

I dd a factory reset on my Ipad and only installed Go and Litchi only. I'll be out of town this weekend so it will have to wait until next weekend. I got the Ipad just to use on the phantom and the mini seems to be a good size

Reactions: Dounin Front
In Litchi you can adjust the video down to 4mb in the settings.

Wow I didn't even think of that. I have mine set to 12MB on the DJI go app. So is that a problem then? I guess it makes sense. Thanks for that as I really never thought of that

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried using another samsung note 4 and samsung tab. Same thing i have a 5 to 8 sec delay. I also uninstall/install the dji go app. Used a lower version of dji go app. Same thing the problem still exist. I made sure all the apps are closed on my phone but to no avail. i dont know what seems to be the problem.

I tried using another samsung note 4 and samsung tab. Same thing i have a 5 to 8 sec delay. I also uninstall/install the dji go app. Used a lower version of dji go app. Same thing the problem still exist. I made sure all the apps are closed on my phone but to no avail. i dont know what seems to be the problem.

Something is not right. I am using a old Samsung Tab4 and it works pretty well on the Go app with maybe a .5-.75sec delay and on the Litchi app it is almost lag free.

What is the area your in like? Lots of WiFi interference? Metal objects? The Note 4 should be plenty fast enough to handle the FPV video.

I will test my drone tom in an open field to see if it changes. I'll update you guys. Thanks for the help!

Does the delay start immediately - if so it could cable resistance. Check USB and camera ribbon cables.
If it develops after running awhile - there is a heat sink thread I've seen for the gimbal board.
But, 8 seconds is a really long time - more than I can even imagine. Maybe tech support can help.

In Litchi you can adjust the video down to 4mb in the settings.

Wow I didn't even think of that. I have mine set to 12MB on the DJI go app. So is that a problem then? I guess it makes sense. Thanks for that as I really never thought of that

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app
Mine defaulted to 4 when I installed it

Reactions: Neon Euc
Woah! I tried what you suggest about the gimbal ribbon and it works like a charm. I use a small screw driver to push down the ports. Thanks for all the help guys. But you know what, when I test flight my drone awhile ago it lost signal and I almost lost it. Haha

Does the delay start immediately - if so it could cable resistance. Check USB and camera ribbon cables.
If it develops after running awhile - there is a heat sink thread I've seen for the gimbal board.
But, 8 seconds is a really long time - more than I can even imagine. Maybe tech support can help.

Thanks Dounin Front

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic