Video issues, flashing pixelation

Reaction score
I shot a long video today, and a short one as well. Both had the same issue. The video would flash a quickly, and pixelated.

I haven't had the P3 for long. I haven't used it much either due to the cold weather. I have never crashed it, or done anything crazy with it. So I don't think anything came loose.

Can someone tell me what is wrong, or if its something I can fix? Or should I just pack her up, and take her back for another one?

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.59.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.59.01 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 395
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 9.03.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 9.03.34 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 396
Hummmm.... make sure your antennas are in the proper position, try a few more flights.... also check your down-link screen on the GO app and see how strong your downlink channel is. Perhaps this is a situation of bad RF interference... have you been to other locations and seen similar issues, or unique to thi spot (and that would be a clue as to RF issues). Try again in other geographical areas and report back :)

This is definitely a new issue, and I've flown in areas with a lot more interference from radio waves, etc.

I did notice the video playback on my phone (iPhone 6 plus) did not have these flashes of pixelation, everything on there is fine. These were on the videos from the memory card which is not the one that came with the drone.

I'm gonna try reformatting my card tonight, and doing some flying in a different area, see if that does anything.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, i tried a new area, but met with another problem too. The camera wouldn't record video for more than 30 seconds. Found the fix to that was re-formatting the SD-card.

That didn't fix the pixelation problem though. I read it could have been the ad-card I was using, and I put the original back in.

While that cut down on the pixelation, it didn't fix it.

Apparently DJI has a warranty service with Best Buy. If the drone is in acceptable condition then you can exchange it out, no questions asked for a year from the date of purchase. Which is nice. Being I haven't had this one for more than a month, and this is my second time returning one to the store in 3 weeks, I'm beginning to wonder if the phantoms are really all that they are cracked up to be....

You know what they say though, third times a charm! Gotta be positive!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl