VIDEO: How to remove new Phantom 3 OEM Camera Lens...

Reaction score
I just received another brand new P3Pro! This video is not the way I did this with my first P3! We can talk about that another day. I found this to be the easiest way to remove the OEM camera filter the very first time that you attempt to take it off. I did try to take it off by hand first and couldn't get it loose.

Use the motor holder that came with your P3. Don't put it all of the way on. You just need the edge of the pad on the motor holder over a small portion of the filter. The more of the holder that you put on the OEM lens filter the harder it will be to take off. You will turn the holder counter-clockwise, when looking at the camera, to remove it. As soon as it breaks free you should be able to turn it by hand.

After I get it off I take a q-tip with a tiny amount of WD-40 on it and very lightly run it over the threads on both the camera and the filter. A VERY TINY AMOUNT! VERY LIGHTLY! I also did the same with all of my filters.

I Hope it helps some of you.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: fireblade
I will not use any hard tool on the UV Filter to take it off. I did it again on the new gimbal/ Cam with just bare hands or with latex Gloves.

Last edited:
I did the same thing. I found the tool help spread the pressure around the lens and not just where I'm grabbing it. It wasn't the perfect size but it worked nonetheless (and with very little pressure).

I did the the same thing on my P3A - except that I took advantage of the rubberized inner ring on the motor tool and used friction from it, rather than pressure, to loosen the protective filter. Since it was freed the first time, I have had no need to use the tool again.

Rubber is your friend. lol
I placed a rubberband around mine and it came of fairly easily. As others have mentioned in past posts, it's more of a twist than squeeze.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic