Video Frame Jumps

Reaction score
My PV3 flys great takes great stills.
My issue is that the video is not a video at all.
The .MOV files jump from frame to frame and skip many.
Tried a different computer and still same issue.

My PV2 with gopro uses MP4 extension and its perfect, same with my 2 Vision pluses.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

(video of issue uploading now)

I had a similar problem. For me it had to do with the video settings. I was able to play it on a brand new computer, but nothing else. Out of the box the video setting was 1080/60. I changed it to 720/60 and it works just fine.

I tried VLC and no love. do I change the video settings on the pc or the PV3?
thank you both

I did switch my settings to MP4. I thought that would allow QuickTime play it, but still no. VLC could play both out of the gate. MOV and MP4. I am using a i7 MacBook Pro and a Hackintosh I built in a G5 case.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Skipholiday
Mine is running smooth with 1080P 60 FPS. I manually put in iso 100 and 1/200 shutter speed for a neutral density filter. No filter, I'd go higher in shutter speed.

Reactions: Skipholiday
Files in MP4 or .MOV only work if I open 1st with gopro studio. No sure why. But they work perfect if I play with the gopro software

I used VLC media player and it worked great. QuickTime could not play the file so well.
I was having a similar frame jumping issue and found this thread. VLC media player fixed it. Videos that jump on QuickTime run smooth as silk on VLC.

What did we ever do before message boards?

I was having a similar frame jumping issue and found this thread. VLC media player fixed it. Videos that jump on QuickTime run smooth as silk on VLC.

What did we ever do before message boards?

I had a similar problem with Windows Media Player - works fine with latest version of QuickTime...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic