Video Editing Software

If you are a mac user both iVideo and Final Cut Pro X offer stabilisation. The latter also allows a lot of image enhancement features but you really need to know how to read a vector scope, etc to get the best out of it.
There are also third party stand alones that do a very good job with GoPro footage - check online.

However…. The first job is to remove as much jitter as possible at source, because all of the above will degrade image quality to some extent.

If you are using the DJI GoPro mount try using the waterproof case your GoPro came with instead. It holds the camera firmer. Make sure it is locked tight. I use masking tape to increase the friction. Make sure your props are new and balanced.

If you can shoot at 60 frames per second (fps) do so.

Make slow and gentle power changes and movements on the stick, especially if you are making a pan shot.

I have found even with a Gimbal you have to get all of these nailed to get really nice shots.

1) upload the free video processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platform at Virtualdub.org.
2) next go to http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm and upload this awesome freeware.
3) virtualub only works with AVI format. To convert files I use the free utility Mpeg streamclip found here: http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg- streamclip-win.html

4) Look up some instructions on Youtube or read through the info on the deshaker page. It's fairly simple after a few tries.

If you are getting bad vibes in the first place you might find these comments from Dingobread of interest.

This was his reply to me regarding a shimmy that I was getting.

I think your problem might have something to do with the camera being loose, I guess this happens after use.
I noticed the screw that holds the camera on the part that pans up and down was loose "actually it fell out" thankfully it is covered by snug piece of rubber so I was able to tighten it back in.

Look at the camera and see if it moves freely until you get resistance from the motor. If it moves freely that might end up being your issue.

You can find the screw is hidden behind a small rubber cork on the camera in the upper right corner. You might need a needle/tooth pick to wedge it out.

I just retightened mine for the second time when I noticed some excessive shake, still need to fly and see if it works.

Hope this helps and I'm assuming you have a phantom vision 2 with the camera. If you are using a go pro with a mount gimbal the problem might be the same just don't know where the screw will be on that version. "correction, you do use a Gopro, issue still might be the same."

Hope this helps and also just be aware that the shakes will always be there depending on wind and handling.

End quote.

Digital editing software is good bu the less it has to correct the better the result - Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164