Video editing software

Reaction score
Hi All.
Could anybody recommend software for editing. Particularly one that includes fade in/out for both video and backing track.
Regards
Chris

Reactions: Gagey52
Hi All.
Could anybody recommend software for editing. Particularly one that includes fade in/out for both video and backing track.
Regards
Chris
Chris, pick any one of them. They virtually all have audio/video fade in & out.

I would start with with a search of this website using key words "editing software." You will get so many threads it will probably take you a few days to read every post. But in doing so you will realize a few questions keep coming up that need to be answered such as budget, platform, hardware (including fire power), intended use of the final product. The list goes on.

Soak up as much as you can and then feel free to come back with questions that may not have been answered to your satisfaction.

I will tell you that there are many people who will not respond to your post simply because the question has been asked so many times. They want you to do your homework first.

As for myself, I'm a software junkie. I'm using Vegas Pro, Vegas Movie Studio, Power Director, and Premiere Elements. They all cost something. There are several free programs out there that work just fine for some applications. Davinci Resolve is one of them. A bit of a learning curve, though.

Assuming you have zero experience in video editing, download a free trial for Adobe Premier Elements. It's probably the easiest to use for beginners as it's intended audience are people with cell phone videos and camcorders.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Might want to mention an OS since that would _greatly_ narrow things down. You may also want to use the search feature of the board as this same question has been asked hundreds of times with good responses already posted.

For a microsoft machine and little experience: Movie maker. It's free, fast to edit the videos and easy to use. I use it along with after effects.

Reactions: LarBear360
A not very expensive one that has bang for the buck is Corel video studio pro. they have a free download trial. Purchase under 50 US one time fee. This software can do way more than you will use and the learning curve is not too bad. It has around 50 different types of fade in and outs

Reactions: alisomilon
I found my Movie maker installer. Absolutely clean. Although It says web installer it appears to still work. I already have it installed but starting it looks like it will work. I have this saved in several places so I won't lose it. It was originally downloaded from Microsoft directly.

essentials movie maker wlsetup-web.exe

Last edited:
I try and to all I can with IOS devices. This allow me to begin editing onsite, if need be. LumaFusion is an inexpensive and great platform for editing video. One of the big things about editing software is the support you can get, other than a poorly written manual. LumaFusion has its own user forum and is very responsive to questions and provides regular updates. I run it on an older Apple Air 2. As with any editing device, you must manage space on it with all the 4K videos, or it will degrade performance. Good Luck.

DaVinci Resolve is FREE and an awesome video editor with some effects, and the ability to use Open FX.

It is pretty graphics card intensive, so the better the graphics card you have, the better it will run.

Admittedly, it has a steep learning curve. But it is free, and it is often used for editing / coloring hollywood movies.

For your needs, I'd suggest checking out Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro. Both offer plenty of tools for editing videos and audio tracks, including the ability to add fade-ins and fade-outs. Plus, they're both user-friendly once you get the hang of them.

Currently, there are a huge number of video editors.
For example, Sony Vegas Pro, Avidemux, Videopad Editor, Lightworks and many more.

Shotcut, KDNLive, and Openshot are all free, and will work great for basic video editing such as the oriinal poster needs.

DaVinci Resolve (free version) is awesome but has quite the learning curve.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik