Video and Camera operate but no movement after Yaw arm and ribbon replacement

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm hopeful for some help with a P3S that I have been enjoying for a couple of months.
First let me say how impressed I am with the durability of these things. Having said that I guess that gives an indication of my flying abilities.
When I first got it put back together after my latest crash it turned on and the gimbal went squirrelly then stopped. I tried repositioning the grey bundled conductor and in the process yanked the grey antenna wire off.
Subsequently I had connection with the drone only via the remote - no video and no telemetry to the Ipod touch. I could fly and there was a clear difference between atti mode and either of the GPS modes so I am confident that the GPS was working.
The yaw arm had visible damage from a previous Flight (crash that is) but everything worked fine after that except for the occasional momentary loss of video. So I ordered the new Yaw arm as part of a kit from Amazon and with the help of some YouTube gurus made it look good as new (wink, wink)
Currently I can fly it it can auto land and I think return home although I didn't venture too far so maybe not. There is telemetry in that I get a green label and gps signal present indication. I do have in flight streaming and camera start/stop and shutter controls. I have beautiful video and still photos as long as I can hover above the subject because I have no control over the camera. New antennas are on order since both of the u.fl connectors were ripped off.
It (the camera) does not do a calibration routine upon start up nor if I use the calibrate gimbal command. The gimbal just hangs limp.
I would appreciate any insight troubleshooting tips or miracle cures the community has to offer.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl