Very Warpy / Wobbly Video When Flying Backwards (low wind) P3A 2.7K 30 fps.

Reaction score
I had some very wobbly / warpy video when flying backwards a few days ago. Shot at 2.7K at 30fps on a Phantom 3 Advance.

It was not particularly windy. Looking at the trees below you will see little movement in the branches.

I was back at the same location with the same AC shooting with the same 2.7K and 30 fps and there was no wobble / warp to the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks in advance.

OK, in about three days I can try. Storm moving in tonight and will be around for a few days. I have another phone that I can use with a different USB cable (the original DJI USB Cable that came with my controller).

The phone I normally use has some problems and the USB port is wonky. I use a different USB cable with this phone (not the official DJI cable because it won't work with the USB port on this phone). This is the phone I have cell service with so I use it in case I need to download maps when I am out in the field flying. It's a bad phone. So maybe that has something to do with it???

Anyway, on Thursday or Friday after the storm passes I can try with my other phone using the authentic DJI Cable.

Thanks again and sorry to hear about the bad day at the doctors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any mods to the camera or lens? Like sun shield or counterweights. Something that could change the dynamics in reverse.
Yes, I was using a PolarPro ND4 filter. But it is the same ND filter I use ALL THE TIME, which is why it is confusing. (No lens hood / sun shield though, and I removed the traditional clear glass filter with the ND4 filter).

Also as mentioned, two days later I did shoot at the same location with the same setup (same AC, same filter, same video settings, same phone, same USB cable) and there was no warping.

Maybe I didn't screw the filter on tight enough and it was sticking too far out, throwing the gimbal off balance???

Possible. Sounds minor anyway if not repeatable. Hope it stays away. Some filters may need a counterweight. Good luck, stay safe

Thanks!!!

This was my first time shooting in 2.7K so I was concerned that it might be a camera problem / bitrate problem / codec problem.

Reactions: Capt KO
I too have seen a shake while flying backwards. I like doing reveal shots of my house. I use 2.7k 60fps. I will experiment with other settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen