Using gasoline inversion generator

Got lucky. The 2000iQ generator arrived seriously damaged -- returned -- put some of that into the DJI HDMI module and a pair of Fat Shark Dv3 goggles. Way more fun and much easier to lug around. Thanks Amazon or UPS for the chance to re-evaluate my charging idea.

Sorry to hear that. If you have a CostCo nearby, they may have the 2000iQ in stock.

I've used my 2000i a few times now and I've very pleased with it.

-- Roger

Nothing against the 200iQ -- never got the chance to crank it up. Season one -- chose a model that can be bought locally. But heavy -- taking with on trips I'd have to add a small (motorcycle) water tight trailer and store it and use it from there. I'm used to hauling five gallon water bottles (43lb) but the generator (50 plus lbs) is made more difficult because its hard to find a comfortable center of gravity. Till then I'll rethink the deep 12v battery with AC inverter or a good car charger and a jump pack for the cars battery.

I have two 50AH batteries and an inverter in the tongue box of our trailer (JonRocket.com Trailer by Roger Smith) which I use for recharging my P3P's batteries (as well as other things like running a fan on really hot Florida days). The battery setup works well (and is a lot quieter than a generator!). It works great for single-day adventures, but, even without a fan running, it runs out of juice after the first day. So, I bought the generator that I mentioned earlier for those longer periods of time when the batteries aren't enough.

I Included two 12V "cigarette lighter" plugs in my battery setup. So, I just bought a car adapter for charging my P3P batteries. If it works well, I might buy a couple more and use them instead of the AC adapters., As has been mentioned, they'll be more efficient than using the inverter and AC chargers. But, I'll probably leave the inverter turned on since I use it for other things and it acts as a low-voltage alarm for the batteries.

Really enjoyed your comments and your web site -- the right mix of info and humor. When I get on the road maybe head down your way for a up and close rocket launching. Never got to a Kennedy Space Center launching. Feel the ground shake -- now thats one good way to get your ROCKS off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20