Uses for the Phantom

Reaction score
Just wanted to make a general post about the use of my Phantom. I've been flying (large) kites for about 15 years now and picked up the Phantom mainly to get some aerial shots of the kites while flying. I also live in Utah and there are some great places to get aerial photos and video. What I've noticed over the past couple of months is how well the Phantom compliments my other hobbies and pastimes. As mentioned, I get video and photos of my kites flying. I also do a lot of 4x4 driving and hiking. It's great to take the Phantom out to the trailhead and send it up and out over the trail for some background shots. In a couple of weeks I'll be heading down to southern Utah (AZ border) to hike some slot canyons. Looking forward to taking the Phantom and perhaps a ground station run up the trail to show where I'll be hiking. This summer I'll be driving up in the mountains and plan on getting some shots of the lakes and cliffs.

When I bought the Phantom I questioned if I should be spending the $1200 and if it might just sit in my basement after a month. I don't see that being the case any longer and I'm happy I bought it.

There are some great places to fly and film in Utah! A lot of open space and public lands to fly from - I've shot quite a bit of video around the Vernal area (Flaming Gorge, Split Mountain, etc.) as well shots from central Utah to southern Utah.
It feels far less restrictive flying there than it does here in the Puget Sound area where "drones" have quite a negative rep.
Glad you are enjoying your Phantom!
I grew up on the Uintah-Ouray reservation, so Utah will always be home to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20