Used vs refurbished

Reburbished are used or DOA birds that returned to the factory or certified technician for repais. It should go through QC and have some sort of warranty. Used birds is a bird that used to belong to someone.

Personally I would go for the Pro. All of them are good birds, but the Pro has the 4k camera, lightbridge tech for flying further and down sensors.

P3S and P3A are both 2k cameras.
P3SE and P3P are 4K.
Do you have some inside knowledge on the refurbishment process or are you just guessing?

DJI says that the refurbished products are those that are returned and subject to assesment of performance before repackaging.

Repaired DOA birds don’t seem to make the cut and this is something that DJI has denied when I enquired directly.

Do you have some inside knowledge on the refurbishment process or are you just guessing?

DJI says that the refurbished products are those that are returned and subject to assesment of performance before repackaging.

Repaired DOA birds don’t seem to make the cut and this is something that DJI has denied when I enquired directly.
Guessing from experience with various companies that sell refurbished items. So you are saying DJI receives a DOA bird that has a bad main board and another that has a bad camera and they don't switch parts to get one of those working? Really?

Guessing from experience with various companies that sell refurbished items. So you are saying DJI receives a DOA bird that has a bad main board and another that has a bad camera and they don't switch parts to get one of those working? Really?
Oh I'm sure they would. My refurbished P3P wasnt "pristine" on arrival. One of the gold stickers on the front arms had peeled back abit and there was a couple little marks under one motor so clearly it had been used and disassembled and reassembled. The motors had the protective stickers, brand new props and battery. The RC seemed pristine but after a week or two the nut holding the device holder came loose and fell off inside the remote, Dji would not cover the shipping for a warranty repair but would repair it for free if I covered the shipping. I opened it myself and fixed it. Who knows what really happens behind the doors of their repair shop and what parts they mix together to make a fully functional and warrantiable bird. And who cares? If it works and comes with a full warranty for a discounted price I'm good with that and that's exactly what I bought.

Reactions: Ansia
The most simple answer is that if you can afford it buy it. Otherwise, take in account what your specific drone(platform), will be used for hobby, work, etc. I would recommend that since DJI's Phantom platforms 2 & 3 aren't being produced any more cost has dropped on these, parts are begin to be more scarce pushing for non-OEM parts, incompatability and finding a fair repair person. Buying a new drone with a protection plan(care plan), is always good & a refurbished with a care plan will be just as good and cost less. keep up with your firmware and perform inspections on your equipment every flight

Reactions: 3rdof5
No I’m not saying anything- at least with respect to any particular knowledge. I have simply shared what I have read (DJI website) and what DJI has informed me (on-line chat).

You have confirmed your guessing- that’s fine. It’s important to know though as it doesn’t get us any closer to the facts.

Don’t underestimate the value people put on original packaging and thinking they are the first to handle a “new” product. A lot won’t touch an open box product. That’s reason enough alone for the discount being offered.

Reactions: Ansia and 3rdof5
I have the P3 4k. Refurbed. After a month or so of hard use one of the motors needed finger spin up. Contacted Amazon DJI where I bought it and had a new one back in a week. With that experience, I don't think I'll ever buy new again.

Which one? I too had a large tablet to fly so with Litchi I went with the P3 4k over the Pro. Like others have stated, I've been flying for 3 years now and RARELY is anything productive done 'over the horizon ' so didn't need the distance.
FB_IMG_1546784007790.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic