Used vs refurbished

Reaction score
I am posting in this section as my question is about several models. Would I be better off getting a good used (properly working) model or a refurbished model model? Also I am considering these models:

P3 standard
P3 SE
P3 advanced
P3 pro

For general flying, photography and video do I really need the pro version or will I really appreciate how much better each step up from the standard version is?

Thank you

I am posting in this section as my question is about several models. Would I be better off getting a good used (properly working) model or a refurbished model model? Also I am considering these models:

P3 standard
P3 SE
P3 advanced
P3 pro

For general flying, photography and video do I really need the pro version or will I really appreciate how much better each step up from the standard version is?

Thank you
They all good I think the p3s is only one without 4k camera but works well,,buy them all:)
One not enough , good to have back up,,forgot,,some refurbished are like new

P3 standard
P3 SE
P3 advanced
P3 pro

Thank you

Reburbished are used or DOA birds that returned to the factory or certified technician for repais. It should go through QC and have some sort of warranty. Used birds is a bird that used to belong to someone.

Personally I would go for the Pro. All of them are good birds, but the Pro has the 4k camera, lightbridge tech for flying further and down sensors.

They all good I think the p3s is only one without 4k camera but works well,,buy them all:)
P3S and P3A are both 2k cameras.
P3SE and P3P are 4K.

If you have an iPad or some other tablet I would save the money and not by the pro. I like having a bigger screen. Other than that the latest model you can afford would be my recommendation. After a bit you will itching for more.

Reactions: Cbourbeau32

Like ianzone says.. "some like new" I purchased P3P from DJI & it was perfect..like new..Everything was shrink wrapped. Refurbished has same 1 year warranty as "new" Sent mine in for the "stress crack syndrome" DJI replaced problem shell & returned same aircraft back to me at no charge to or from...

If you have an iPad or some other tablet I would save the money and not by the pro. I like having a bigger screen. Other than that the latest model you can afford would be my recommendation. After a bit you will itching for more.

I'm not sure what your saying here, "If you've an iPad or some other tablet"? & bigger screen than what?

My two cents: Refurbs are fine and as stated earlier, come with full warranty. I have the P3S and P3Pro. I like them both, especially the Standard. The thing I like about the Pro is, of course, the 4K camera but even more I like the having the camera buttons (start video/stop video, take a picture) on the controller.

I fly the P3S more than the other.

Currently the only refurbished phantom in stock is the P3P, at $599 US with a full 1 year warranty and it's worth the money imo. But you may find a much better deal "Used" that includes more batteries and accessories and if the seller is honest, you will get the accurate history of the bird. That in itself is valuable and may actually save you money. Depends on what your value is based on, warranty? Or bang for your buck on a used deal.

My two cents: Refurbs are fine and as stated earlier, come with full warranty. I have the P3S and P3Pro. I like them both, especially the Standard. The thing I like about the Pro is, of course, the 4K camera but even more I like the having the camera buttons (start video/stop video, take a picture) on the controller.

I fly the P3S more than the other.
Why do you like/fly the Standard more? They are the same form factor but the Pro has much more tech (Lightbridge, sensors, better controller with camera buttons and can accomodate a tablet).

As far as buying refurb vs used, I would be willing to pay a bit more and get a refurb. Often they are the same as new with a warranty with a big discount on price.

Chris

Why do you like/fly the Standard more? They are the same form factor but the Pro has much more tech (Lightbridge, sensors, better controller with camera buttons and can accomodate a tablet).

As far as buying refurb vs used, I would be willing to pay a bit more and get a refurb. Often they are the same as new with a warranty with a big discount on price.

Chris
They are the "same" on paper, but they fly completely different. You will have to fly both to understand what I mean. I prefer to fly a Tello, than a Phantom. It just more fun to fly it, and it can't do 1/4 of the things a Phantom can do.

They are the "same" on paper, but they fly completely different. You will have to fly both to understand what I mean. I prefer to fly a Tello, than a Phantom. It just more fun to fly it, and it can't do 1/4 of the things a Phantom can do.
My Tello is great for flying in the house or outside around the house, but I prefer flying my P3S or Spark way more than the Tello. I think it would be easier to loose my Tello than my 2 GPS drones.

My P3S flies great and I have no need for any of the added tech in either the Advanced or Pro version. Where I live, VLOS is the law. I can fly my P3S farther than my eyes can see it. When I purchased it, it was half the cost of the advanced and one third the cost of the Pro version.

I am a firm believer, in purchasing what I need rather than something that has way more tech than I will ever use or need.

Chris

Chris
Chris, I rarely fly beyond 600 - 1,000 feet out and as such the P3S works just fine. I have the P3P for the better camera and range if I need it. But for general hobby flying, the P3S gives me the same experience.

The P3P is a refurb and arrived like new shrink wrap and all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31