Urgent: Upgrade problem

Reaction score
As advised by my app, I have started an upgrade on my P3P. It started off OK, lights flashed, the camera moved around a bit and it made a few noises and played a tune. It has now been sitting for almost 30 minutes with only a repetitive D-DD and nothing else happening. I don't know whether to turn it off or just wait a bit longer. Advice??

Andy

What’s the difference between an upgrade and an update?

What’s the difference between an upgrade and an update?
A upgrade suggests that there are improvements. An update suggests that it is (simply) more up-to-date than it was before, but it may not necessarily be 'better'.

In reality, most upgrades or updates by any company merely try to fix things that they had c*cked up or forgotten to include before.... :)

Reactions: Pharm
A upgrade suggests that there are improvements. An update suggests that it is (simply) more up-to-date than it was before, but it may not necessarily be 'better'.

In reality, most upgrades or updates by any company merely try to fix things that they had c*cked up or forgotten to include before.... :)
So you’re saying the OP did an update and not an upgrade?

So you’re saying the OP did an update and not an upgrade?
I can't tell because I don't know what the OP 'upgraded' from and to...

If the operation merely made it more up-to-date, then it was an 'update'... If new stuff was added... etc etc etc....

Possibly he was just prompted to install something to fix things that didn't work properly before....

Please don't even get me started on the definition of a "Service Pack' though.... :)

I can't tell because I don't know what the OP 'upgraded' from and to...

If the operation merely made it more up-to-date, then it was an 'update'... If new stuff was added... etc etc etc....

Possibly he was just prompted to install something to fix things that didn't work properly before....

Please don't even get me started on the definition of a "Service Pack' though.... :)
I’m pretty sure he meant “update” as there are no “upgrades” that I can find. Next question: what’s the difference in a service pack and a service perk? ;)

Update is the word I should have used. Sorry. All appears to be OK, it's behaving as it did before and I'll find out how it flies when this **** wind dies down. Thank you all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31