Urgent Help needed.... phantom is beeping continuously.

Reaction score
Please help.

I connected my phantom 2 vision plus to the Phantom Assistant software on my Mac. (I am relatively new at this, having flown my new phantom only once. I was upgraded to the latest firmware and all was well. everything was working AOK).
So back to my problem: it asked me if I wanted to upgrade firmware and I said yes. THe upgrade began and for some reason (oh, yes... i got a facetime call from my son) I stopped the upgrade midway. Apparently a BIG MISTAKE.
Now everytime I turn on the phantom it just gives very loud beeps!!!
Do I need to do a hard reset and reinstall of the firmware? Is there another way? I am nervous about taking it apart.
THanks
Larry

Is it recognized in the assistant? Can you just redo the update?

Is it recognized in the assistant? Can you just redo the update?
good question.
i was freaked out by beeping. no lights. just B...B....B....etc. I did not look at assistant.

Every time I turn phantom on it just does this beeping.

Look. I am new at this. My wife gave me the phantom as my 70th birthday present. Now it seems as if I may have messed it up and it is embarrassing. So, yes, it seems urgent for me to solve this. (read ... time sensitive).

Just start the grade over and it will finish doing it. You may have to power everything down and start over. If that doesn't work delete the assistant software and go to DJI and get a fresh copy and start over. Have been where you are and yep it tightens the cheeks to think you did something wrong. The beeping means the upgrade failed. Take your time and do not fret. You'll get it.
Let us know how you make out!

You're 70. I guess it is urgent. I'm 67 and anymore everything seems urgent. You'll get help here soon.. Does your wife have a sister giving Phantoms? Just curious.

Just start the grade over and it will finish doing it. You may have to power everything down and start over. If that doesn't work delete the assistant software and go to DJI and get a fresh copy and start over. Have been where you are and yep it tightens the cheeks to think you did something wrong. The beeping means the upgrade failed. Take your time and do not fret. You'll get it.
Let us know how you make out!
OK. Thanks. I will try it and breath deeply.

You're 70. I guess it is urgent. I'm 67 and anymore everything seems urgent. You'll get help here soon.. Does your wife have a sister giving Phantoms? Just curious.
I know!! I was pretty amazed that she pulled this off without my knowing. (She was in collusion with our youngest son so I would not see it on our Amazon account:).

So part of the urgency was not to have to tell her that I broke her gift... can you imagine!!!!!

Best,

larry
OK. Thanks. I will try it and breath deeply.

GOOD NEWS.

I continued the upgrade and it worked. No more beeping.

Thanks everyone. Breathing better.

Larry

I know!! I was pretty amazed that she pulled this off without my knowing. (She was in collusion with our youngest son so I would not see it on our Amazon account:).

So part of the urgency was not to have to tell her that I broke her gift... can you imagine!!!!!

Best,

larry

GOOD NEWS.

Larry
:cool:

Best,

larry

GOOD NEWS.

Larry
Well, Yaaaaaaaaa for you. Happy flying sir. That was nice of them.

On a slightly off-topic but related question:

Now that I am in the Phantom assistant a few questions:

1. Is the RTH altitude AGL or MSL? (are all altitudes AGL? I live on a mountain so this is need to know).

2. As a Newbie I am trying to be cautious. What is a reasonable maximum range to enter into the Controller ... 1000 feet? What is a typical range with an unmodified RC?

3. Do I ever need to connect to the USB on the RC controller? If not, why is it there?

Thanks

Larry

On a slightly off-topic but related question:

Now that I am in the Phantom assistant a few questions:

1. Is the RTH altitude AGL or MSL? (are all altitudes AGL? I live on a mountain so this is need to know).

2. As a Newbie I am trying to be cautious. What is a reasonable maximum range to enter into the Controller ... 1000 feet? What is a typical range with an unmodified RC?

3. Do I ever need to connect to the USB on the RC controller? If not, why is it there?

Thanks

Larry

1 - ground level
2 - whatever your comfortable with, 1000 is fine.
3 - you connect the controller to the RC Assistant for calibration.

Edit to eliminate confusion - you can and should also do the RC calibration when the phantom is connected to the phantom assistant.

Last edited:
1 - ground level
2 - whatever your comfortable with, 1000 is fine.
3 - you connect the controller to the RC Assistant for calibration.

Edit to eliminate confusion - you can and should also do the RC calibration when the phantom is connected to the phantom assistant.

I did the RC calibration with the Phantom connected to the RC Assistant. It does NOT seem to need me to connect the RC to the computer though. Thus my question... what is the USB connector on the controller for?

Larry

Hey Larry,
You should first, plug your radio ( Tx ) to computer via USB cord supplied, then run RC Assistant ( not PC assistant ) do a thorough calibration ( BOTH STICKS, and if using dial wheel remote X2 as well. )
This calibrates Tx.

Next hook phantom to ( PC assistant ) not RC Assistant., do a calibration here on Tx as well ( BOTH sticks, and if using dial wheel Tx, X2 as well ) also if using dial wheel, be sure to CHECK upgrade controller button, not basic.
This calibrates Tx TO phantom, so they work together as a team.

I always do a fresh compass cal, after doing anything technical on my bird, each time I upgrade, or change any settings, but that is me, and wouldn't hurt to do occasionally.

That is it.
J Dot

Hey Larry,
You should first, plug your radio ( Tx ) to computer via USB cord supplied, then run RC Assistant ( not PC assistant ) do a thorough calibration ( BOTH STICKS, and if using dial wheel remote X2 as well. )
This calibrates Tx.

Next hook phantom to ( PC assistant ) not RC Assistant., do a calibration here on Tx as well ( BOTH sticks, and if using dial wheel Tx, X2 as well ) also if using dial wheel, be sure to CHECK upgrade controller button, not basic.
This calibrates Tx TO phantom, so they work together as a team.

I always do a fresh compass cal, after doing anything technical on my bird, each time I upgrade, or change any settings, but that is me, and wouldn't hurt to do occasionally.

That is it.
J Dot

NOW I am really CONFUSED.

I am not sure where I saw this (I think a video) but I have been assuming that for the Mac version (OS X) the software I downloaded "DJI Assistant" includes both the PC Assistant and the RC Assistant. I have connected the USB ONLY to the phantom (with the RC transmitter ON and linked) and done the command sticks calibration under the Basic/RC Tab. This seemed to work.

Am I wrong? Do I need to repeat the calibrations by hooking the USB to the RC Transmitter? I thought that the step above took care of this since they are linked.

Larry

NOW I am really CONFUSED.

I am not sure where I saw this (I think a video) but I have been assuming that for the Mac version (OS X) the software I downloaded "DJI Assistant" includes both the PC Assistant and the RC Assistant. I have connected the USB ONLY to the phantom (with the RC transmitter ON and linked) and done the command sticks calibration under the Basic/RC Tab. This seemed to work.

Am I wrong? Do I need to repeat the calibrations by hooking the USB to the RC Transmitter? I thought that the step above took care of this since they are linked.

Larry

Last download on this page is the Mac RC Assistant.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

I see that. But can you (or anyone) explain why I calibrate the sticks first using P Assist and then again on RC Assist. I know you tried to explain but I did not understand.

Also, does it matter which order? Which do I do first?

Thanks

Larry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues