UPGRADE YOUR DJI GO APP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suck it (that was fun) my batteries work fine.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok my friend, good luck and I hope your friend can figure out how to take his software down a level and get his batteries working again.

Just a friendly reminder to keep it friendly in here people. ;)

No....really, just my friend. I had no idea of the tone of this message board. I thought certainly other people would be as surprised as I was. Apparently I stumbled into the world of follow every instruction blindly. Or at least those are the trolls I baited out from under the bridge.

Dude...everyone's just trying to help. These 'knock off' batteries have a high rate of failure. The fact that yours hasn't yet is just dumb luck. Would you trust a poorly manufactured battery with a dismal performance record if you were actually flying IN the quad that used the battery??

Last edited:
Dude.......As I said previously, I've had battery trouble with the battery I received from DJI. Not the others. I'm just trying to help some guy that may be completely unaware that some of his or her stuff may not work anymore......because of an update that makes no mention of the fact that perfectly good batteries won't work anymore.

Reactions: grottoli
Suck it (that was fun) my batteries work fine.

does your friend use android or ios? There may be a way to restore from a backup if he is using an iPad or iPhone, I am not sure how it works for android though.

The good news is, I didn't buy as many as he did. And they are new enough to return.

does your friend use android or ios? There may be a way to restore from a backup if he is using an iPad or iPhone, I am not sure how it works for android though.

iOS

when he connects to itunes he can tell when the last backup was, if it was recent tell him to back it up again and then wipe it and restore it from the older backup. I always take all my pictures/video off the device first so the backup and restore doesn't take as long.

Reactions: iFlyNhawaii
Thanks, to those of you that were helpful. We found a relatively inexpensive source for DJI batteries.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Great! I think you will really be much more content with them!

Plus you won't have to worry if they are going to die on you or not work!

I'll say it for the 3rd time.....the ONLY battery, of the 4 I own that gives me a problem is the one they sent with my phantom 3. The three I am returning to Amazon tomorrow have worked flawlessly.

Reactions: grottoli
I have automatic app updates disabled on my iPad and use iTunes to download and keep a copy of every dji go version that comes out so that I can always roll back if I don't like an update that comes out. Just a good practice to do with this product.

Reactions: iFlyNhawaii
Because he updated his app tonight and now his batteries, the same ones I bought, won't work. You're the same suck it up right? Why am I telling you this a second time? I thought this was asked and answered.

Reactions: jeremiah212
Relax iFly, nobody is challenging you here. You just are inconsistent with you posts about who has the batteries and we are just trying to help.

Guess you don't want any.........

OK, what's a good source for authorized DJI battery? I'm all for saving $ but not with a knockoff.

I understand your worries about using non-DJI batteries - and I would (99%) always use the original ones

But the fact that DJI forces everyone to use their batteries and ONLY their batteries by doing a firmware upgrade is a step in the wrong direction - let the owners decide if they would risk it or not

What if a car manufac. decided that ONLY original batteries could be used in their cars ? Would it raise the price of the original battery ? Yes, I certainly think so - no competition equals higher prices

They should stick with a "warning - you are using a unauthorized battery - do you really want to continue ?"

Ok, because I literally am bored I'll break it down for you and resolve any inconsistencies you can't resolve on your own. We both bought phantom drones at the same time, thankfully not too long ago. We also both ordered the same batteries from Amazon, unfortunately we weren't privy to your little club here and bought batteries that apparently with today's update will no longer work. No mention of that it in the update. However, thanks to your condescension, I'm now fully aware of the battery issue, as well as a few others. Hope that clears it all up for ya 'suck it' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.