Updating firmware on multiple batteries

Reaction score
I dunno if this has been broght up before, but obviously when you update the FW for the bird it also updates the battery FW. But what if you have more than 1 battery? How do you update those if the FW on the bird is the latest?

according to the experts on this forum-- leave the bin file on the sd Card at least until you use all your batteries

So what happens if my P3P arrives with the latest firmware updates, (no need to have the bin file on the card) and down the track I purchase another battery ??

So what happens if my P3P arrives with the latest firmware updates, (no need to have the bin file on the card) and down the track I purchase another battery ??
according to the DJI support and testing rep who is a member of this forum, the bin file should be on the sd card until the batteries are all used. I have flown all mine, so I removed the file. But I have some new ones ordered and when they get here, I am going to put the file back on the card for the first flights. There is no way to know if the new batteries have the new firmware updates-- so better safe than sorry.

It's simple, each time you get a new battery just put the latest firmware .bin file in the root of the sd card and it will update if need be. :)

how do you( I ) know if I still have the
latest firmware .bin file in the root of the sd card?
I did the firmware update ,but why wouldent it still be on there?Does Formatting take it away?

how do you( I ) know if I still have the
latest firmware .bin file in the root of the sd card?
I did the firmware update ,but why wouldent it still be on there?Does Formatting take it away?
Yes formatting removes everything, you need to put it back on there.

Just wondering, I still have the stock card that came with the P3P.Is there a way to see if its still on that one?

I dunno if this has been broght up before, but obviously when you update the FW for the bird it also updates the battery FW. But what if you have more than 1 battery? How do you update those if the FW on the bird is the latest?

There has been no firmware update released for P3 batteries so there is no need to "update" them at this time. When a they need to be updated, DJI will put this in the release notes.

Once I new my Phantom had the latest Firmware, I formatted my SD card right off, never thinking about new battery updates. Who knows when they will get here? I would like to think they would be updated as well.

RedHotPoker

Also note that the DJI Go app will tell you if you need to upgrade the battery firmware, in the same area it will tell you if you need to update the RC firmware etc. You'll see it in the "Overall Status" screen.

according to the DJI support and testing rep who is a member of this forum, the bin file should be on the sd card until the batteries are all used. I have flown all mine, so I removed the file. But I have some new ones ordered and when they get here, I am going to put the file back on the card for the first flights. There is no way to know if the new batteries have the new firmware updates-- so better safe than sorry.
So, after everything is updated, controller, drone, extra batteries, one should remove the firmware from the sd card? Or should the firmware just be left on the card?

The two new battery's I just got keep flashing a firmware update needed warning on the screen even tho I have the latest firmware in the bird and the controller already. So I had to put the firmware back on the sd card and then do a firmware update with both battery's.. Tho I noticed that when it was just updating the battery's firmware it was much faster then when doing the entire thing. It only took about 2-3 mins

And you will get to to it all again, in about 12 hours... Hahaha

I plan on having any new firmware in my drone before morning light.
And drone in the air space before lunch, weather permitting. Otherwise I may find an indoor space to play. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj