Updates from InterDrone

I did grill them quite a bit on that. They claim that the logic on the board determines when the orientation is right for the parachutes to deploy so they don't tangle with the props.

Reactions: witold and Jbundy63
Cool product, but by the time Mars comes out, DJI might have something better.

DJI has already done this a long time ago with Dropsafe (for bigger quads). It monitors the flight controller - and therefore, all the sensors - to figure out if the quad has failed and the parachute needs to be deployed.

The problem is that Mars is $250. You can get a used P3 - with radio - for $750. That's a very high insurance premium, and additional weight to carry all the time. But of course it's worth it if you are flying over certain things...

Reactions: Navin Ganeshan
Now I'm thinking about CSC, are you able to do that in mid air? I've read so much and believe you can
When in doubt, start with the manual
i-ZhRNmjb-M.jpg

Reactions: Jbundy63
But of course it's worth it if you are flying over certain things...
They'll sell well to nervous flyers but how often do you need a parachute?
What's the $$ and weight penalty to carry it all the time?
Fine for playing in the local park but how really useful is it going to be in a lot of real world situations?
DJI05923a-L.jpg

DJI_0138a-L.jpg

They'll sell well to nervous flyers but how often do you need a parachute?
What's the $$ and weight penalty to carry it all the time?
Fine for playing in the local park but how really useful is it going to be in a lot of real world situations?
DJI05923a-L.jpg

DJI_0138a-L.jpg
True!

Cool product, but by the time Mars comes out, DJI might have something better.

DJI has already done this a long time ago with Dropsafe (for bigger quads). It monitors the flight controller - and therefore, all the sensors - to figure out if the quad has failed and the parachute needs to be deployed.

The problem is that Mars is $250. You can get a used P3 - with radio - for $750. That's a very high insurance premium, and additional weight to carry all the time. But of course it's worth it if you are flying over certain things...

For me saving the drone is only 50% of the equation, the other half is prevent damage/injury to whatever or whoever is below

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20