UOC Manual Template (Australia)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is a question for anybody in Australia who has recently obtained their UAV Operators Certificate or a ReOC as it's called now.

I've filled out the forms and now will need to create the 2 required manuals. Operations Manual and the Operational Procedures (Library).

Casa has templates for these and in one of the forms there is a check box that asks if you have used the templates to develop the manuals.

I wanted to see if anyone here had used these templates to develop their manuals and if so how much modification is required. Is it just a case of filling in the blanks and submitting? The template has 'sample' as a watermark across each page. I assume i shouldn't submit like this. Any tips would be helpful
Thanks

Dave

Reactions: DPAus
I'm applying for my ReOC as well... would like any feedback. Am considering using remoteoperator.com.au to do this... has anyone used them?

Hi High Exposure and DPAus,

I understand you will probably have already submitted your applications, but I thought I would give some information here if anyone else is looking to prepare these documents.

We have been preparing RPA Operator's Manuals and Procedures Libraries for some time now. We estimate we are now preparing documents for 1/4-1/3 of all ReOC applicants in Australia on a monthly basis.

The templates from CASA are a starting point, but from that point it will still take 2 weeks or so for the average individual to prepare the operations manual and especially the procedures library.

CASA really want to see that you have safe procedures in place. That's the number 1 reason for the certification process.

Given some organisations are charging $1000 or more to consult on this process, we think we are providing good value.

Hi RemoteOperator

Nice to hear from you on here

BAD NEWS: Yes, already submitted my ReOC application

GOOD NEWS: I did use your business to formulate the manual and Op Procedures Library

MORE GOOD NEWS: I am quite happy with your service. You were prompt in your delivery and the manuals look good, with very little extra needed from me to get them to what I believe is an acceptable level. Will have to wait until I hear back from CASA regarding this.

MORE BAD NEWS: I submitted my application on October 17. I received an email on Nov 3 advising the following (after coughing up $1340 for them to process the application): It is anticipated that your certificate will be issued on the 16/02/2018.

Seriously?? What takes CASA 4 months to process the application when all I am flying is a sub 2kg P4P (which doesn't even require a license to fly at all) with nothing out of the ordinary regarding the application. I can't get insurance without the ReOC so I either hang up the bird and go fishing for a third of a year, or I take the risk and fly uninsured, losing jobs along the way because many won't hire an uninsured operator.

I only went through this whole process in an effort to do the right thing every step of the way and to tick all boxes. They certainly don't make it easy for anyone to do this.

Anywayz... I'll post here again how things go with it.

That's a very long time to be waiting for your ReOC.

It's a shame you have already paid the fee. We have consistent feedback that delegates are processing ReOC applications much faster than CASA.

The three current delegates are listed here:
CASR Part 101 delegate list | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

With your feedback, we will ensure we emphasise that delegates are likely to process the application much quicker.

It's good to hear you had a positive experience with our service. I hope CASA get to your application much faster than they have estimated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers