UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Hy Ilovecoffee,

This is a fantastic mod of the original app, many thanks!
I have a question, it's possible to mod the app with a "follow me" function, the new App offers also the "dynamic home point" it would be great, to define limits for example...that the drone is not more far away than 20 meter until 30 meters..so the drone should follow the mobile phone. it would work similar to the drone "airdog".
thx
Siegi

Great video Bear. I've always wanted to do this, but haven't had the chance to use the coffee sw and been too cold lately. Did you lose FPV signal? What height did you put in? Seems like in a few shots, the trees looked rather close :eek: How far distance did you get (furthest from home position)? Thanks

Hi,
Great hack!
Trying to find out how to adjust the heights on the different wp.
Right now it takes the heights that I have set under settings
What am I missing!?

reignsworld said:
Great video Bear. I've always wanted to do this, but haven't had the chance to use the coffee sw and been too cold lately. Did you lose FPV signal? What height did you put in? Seems like in a few shots, the trees looked rather close :eek: How far distance did you get (furthest from home position)? Thanks

Thanks. Yes, I lose FPV and control signal. Where I start from is on top of a hill and the lake is about 200' below me, so I started my flight at 100' above me and then drop down some as I get close to the lake and then come back up to the 100' mark as I come back up the hill. Your also right about some of those trees looking a little close because I forgot about the little rise at the end of the road. This trip was just over 4 miles, but I have done a 7 mile trip as well, but that one was a close call because as soon as it got back to me it went into auto land mode. What I suggest you do is start with small trips and see how your batteries hold up and then slowly increase distance.

vagspel said:
Hi,
Great hack!
What am I missing!?

You need to touch on each wp before you hit done and adjust the height on each one.

Bear501 said:
vagspel said:
Hi,
Great hack!
What am I missing!?

You need to touch on each wp before you hit done and adjust the height on each one.

Can I do this of line or do I have to have the PV2+ turned on?

vagspel said:
Bear501 said:

Can I do this of line or do I have to have the PV2+ turned on?

If your device has GPS you can do it before you turn on your phantom. Just double check it all before you take off.

5.7 Miles down the train tracks with a phantom 2 …: http://youtu.be/R1_TJfbTrII
I am curious, did you arrive before or after the Phantom arrived? Being the Phantom was going pretty much in a straight line and did not have to stop, it would seem it would have arrived before you did. Any problems visually locating it in the air and reconnecting to your Wi-Fi and TX after you arrived? Thanks
Now that I think about it you would have had to arrive before the Phantom or it would have started back to the original home point.

Drone Chases Speeding Mustang GT: http://youtu.be/kDKCDwEzVj8

Yes i barely made it there before it did. It was scary but exciting lol. I have another one where i set it to go straight down this country road hit go then I jumped in my mustang and drove under it. When it was at the end I just flipped the S1 switch up and down and got control of it.
There is a link to that video at the top of this post..its pretty cool but im gonna do it again and make it better and closer to.the road. I tried to make it seem like a high speed chase with a chopper lol

quick release problem with h3-3d & GoPro: http://youtu.be/vYLltPMuwkU

I have 2 phantom 2 vision plus' s one is stock and your app works great the other one i have the Dronexperts quickrelease installed on it and a zenmuse H3-3D gimbal with a gopro 3 black. For some reason your app won't work with it but the stock app does. It just keeps closing and when i do get it to stay on it has just video no battery percentage or altitudes speed or gps. I put a link to a video i screen recorded from my phone. I would love to be able to use your app with the gopro that would be awesome. Let me know if you have any idea why

Started using this. All wroking nicely on Samsung S5.. I like how the swipe to map works perfectly now (didn't always work on stock version)..
Any chance you could speed up the camera tilting speed please ? Seems like its slower with 3.08 firmware/new stock app.

Hi j.
Interesting video...;) Did you use a spotter in the car to control camera tilt and your position?
Cheers,
Jim
justnoneya72 said:
Drone Chases Speeding Mustang GT: http://youtu.be/kDKCDwEzVj8

Yes i barely made it there before it did. It was scary but exciting lol. I have another one where i set it to go straight down this country road hit go then I jumped in my mustang and drove under it. When it was at the end I just flipped the S1 switch up and down and got control of it.
There is a link to that video at the top of this post..its pretty cool but im gonna do it again and make it better and closer to.the road. I tried to make it seem like a high speed chase with a chopper lol

Thank you so much for making this enhanced app available. In your next version, is there any chance you could remove the altitude limit?

justnoneya72 said:
quick release problem with h3-3d & GoPro: http://youtu.be/vYLltPMuwkU

I have 2 phantom 2 vision plus' s one is stock and your app works great the other one i have the Dronexperts quickrelease installed on it and a zenmuse H3-3D gimbal with a gopro 3 black. For some reason your app won't work with it but the stock app does. It just keeps closing and when i do get it to stay on it has just video no battery percentage or altitudes speed or gps. I put a link to a video i screen recorded from my phone. I would love to be able to use your app with the gopro that would be awesome. Let me know if you have any idea why

What you had in the video is typical of an app component crashing, so once something got loaded in the camera view, it didn't like what was going on and force closed.

Did you have Yaw Attitude Control turned on? I'm thinking that might have been a problem when communicating with the gimbal it would have received an error.

justin00 said:
Started using this. All wroking nicely on Samsung S5.. I like how the swipe to map works perfectly now (didn't always work on stock version)..
Any chance you could speed up the camera tilting speed please ? Seems like its slower with 3.08 firmware/new stock app.

I actually haven't changed the swiping area :D I'm not sure if I can change the speed. I'll take a look into it. First though I'm going to be looking at the new API to see if there's any new stuff in there that I can integrate.

jmtw000 said:
Thank you so much for making this enhanced app available. In your next version, is there any chance you could remove the altitude limit?

If you take a look, it has been doubled from the original version.

I have completely uninstalled your app and reinstalled it twice to try to get it working cuz i would definitely rather have your app than the stock app. Like i said in the previous post. Your app works perfect on my stock vision plus but on my other vision plus with the dronexperts quickrelease installed on it and a zenmuse H3-3D gimbal with a gopro 3 black edition it just keeps closing over and over. If i do get it the video to stay on then there is no telemetry just video. But it works petfect with the stock app. I dont have yaw or anything checked in setting except i turn ground station on. Thanks in advance August

Am trialling this now too !
Any chance of changing the battery level colour to something not invisible !?
Red is very hard to see (shame DJI, shame) - maybe white or yellow ?
Like the more realistic plane instead of an arrow. Why not do the big 'un that way too ?
cheers

If you take a look, it has been doubled from the original version.

Yes, I see that. And thank you for making that change. I was just hoping that it could be removed entirely. I wanted to get a shot over a small mountain but can't get up high enough manually without losing signal. So I thought I'd use your GS app with the distance limit removed. But it can only go up to 1312', which isn't quite high enough to see over the mountain :(

This is such a brilliant idea to film your own car "speeding" and "being chased" with this wonderful unofficial DJI Vision App....

Good job you have done since the last two versions. For future updates on the UNOFFICIAL DJI Vision App for android, I would like to recommend the followings:
1. Flight log (GPS track with time, speed, distance, altitude, etc.) which can be used for Dashware
2. Flight screen recording with much more telemetry data on the screen
3. Favorite Waypoint or Favorite Track savable for future re-use
4. Freely-defined speed during the Ground Station mode (15m/s is still too slow)
5. Intelligent calculation based on available battery percentage left to automatically set to return home or other user-definable feature (like landing immediately etc)
6. Predefined ground station route shape (circle with adjustable radius, triangle, square, etc.) which can be freely moved on the map

Good luck and thanking you in advance...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor