Uncontrolled climbing/ height gain/ ascent P4

Reaction score
A couple of times now I have run my P4 on a waypoint mission where it suddenly starts just climbing up to over 200m. Once I realize whats happening just from the camera display, I have to take control and bring it back home myself. The altitude being reported back by the P4 also gets stuck at some constant, obviously wrong number... the last height it was at before whatever fault it was kicked it skywards.
Do you pros out there have any answers what this is and how to fix it or is it a machine fault that I need DJI to correct?

A couple of times now I have run my P4 on a waypoint mission where it suddenly starts just climbing up to over 200m. Once I realize whats happening just from the camera display, I have to take control and bring it back home myself. The altitude being reported back by the P4 also gets stuck at some constant, obviously wrong number... the last height it was at before whatever fault it was kicked it skywards.
Do you pros out there have any answers what this is and how to fix it or is it a machine fault that I need DJI to correct?
Hi was anything in the way or clear skys,,thats a new one,stratchin my head:confused:,djigo4 or litchi,,,?im sure my numbers not right either since update,,im on dj app,,all i can think of is its sensing something and climbs,,might have to upload flight data to see what was goin on,,,goodluck:)

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team

I know it says that waypoint mode is unaffected but there seems to be something up with the SDK. I fly Autopilot and received a similar warning from them too. This may have nothing to do with your problem, but if you've checked your mission out thoroughly ( way point relative to ground?) and still have these problems best to let Litchi know.

Additionally, have you flown just using the dji go4 app to rule out either the quad or the software? Their is a litchi glitch affecting the drones as listed above but it shouldn't be affecting your P4, mine flies fine on WP missions. As mentioned above, check your mission and ensure your settings are fine.

Vision position sensor can do that to you too.
Clean and check / calibrate if necessary.
Just a thought.

Vision position sensor can do that to you too.
Clean and check / calibrate if necessary.
Just a thought.
Thanks that's a clue- turn off visual positioning. Will try that.
There are high voltage powerlines near the second mission where altimeter went flat, but there were not near the first.
Altimeter seems to be broken. Yesterdays mission I ran had the drone drifting up to what looked like 100m. But the drone was saying 20m. Then I brought it down to roughly the launch point level and the drone was saying -185m!

Above 10m vps wont do anything. What software are you using? DJI Go 4?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20