Un-Registering PV2 on DJI Web Site

Reaction score
I purchased a PV2 from a friend (he's upgrading to the PV2+). I tried to register it on DJI's web site. When I put in the serial number I got the message "Sorry, the code you entered has been registered by others". Obviously he already registered it.

I was able to register the remote. After registration I saw no way to unregister it so my friend will most likely have the same problem trying to unregister the copter. I tried calling DJI with no success. Has anyone else had this issue?

There might not be a way to do that online, since I doubt very much that DJI feels (or wants to feel) it's a common enough action that it warrants the interface.

Unfortunately, I think you just have to keep trying to call them, or send them an email. Though, be prepared. You "register" a product primarily to activate the warranty. And in some countries, the warranty is not transferable in a private sale. So they might not want to re-register it anyway.

I had a change of email address and the DJI site would not let me DE-REGISTER and RE-REGISTER the same serial number... However... I was able to append the new registration with a "-A" And it accepted the serial number.

Buuuuuut... that will never be associated with your Phantom, would it? Since that's not really your serial number.

That doesn't sound like a very wise solution at all.

As far as i know, there are no phantoms with alphanumeric serial numbers, so, the fact that its appended with a "- A" shouldnt really matter. After sending a half dozen emails, just trying to get my email changed thru DJI support was like pulling teeth. The appended SN should be fine.

You'll have to explain to me how it "shouldn't really matter", I guess.

If you ever send your Phantom in, they'll look up the REAL serial number (off of the product) and it'll still be linked to you're old email address. So you've done no good.

You can't just just randomly add characters to a serial number and expect it to be matched to anything.

GaryDZ said:
I purchased a PV2 from a friend (he's upgrading to the PV2+). I tried to register it on DJI's web site. When I put in the serial number I got the message "Sorry, the code you entered has been registered by others". Obviously he already registered it.

I was able to register the remote. After registration I saw no way to unregister it so my friend will most likely have the same problem trying to unregister the copter. I tried calling DJI with no success. Has anyone else had this issue?

Why not log in on DJI with you friends logon, under "profile" you can enter your mailadr. and make you own password, change name adress and so on, easy and simple.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl