UK Pylons

Reaction score
Has anyone flew close or over pylons in the UK I am not talking flying in-between the cables but if you were like 40/50m over the top of it whether it would be by accident or on purpose I am curious about

A) What could happen
B) How would you deal with that effect

For example if it suddenly came up with compass error or loss of GPS could you just manually increase height, switch to ATTI mode and bring it back? Or could it end up in a state where you couldn't even bring it back. While most people avoid them I am sure some people have flown close by accident

_56022206_002025926-1.jpg

Stay well away from them.

You can't see cables on your screen. If you crashed into them you could be liable for damages by electric company.

Recently I unintentionally flew over national grid pylons and stopped about 100 metres from them. With the pylons between me and my P3A it responded erratically when turning left and right. Turned very quickly and with little control. Certain it was the effect of the pylons, has never repeated such behaviour. My advice is keep well clear!

Keep well away it will go crazy!!, even the lower voltage over head lines will cause havoc, like the ones you would find crossing a farmers field etc - A great site FREE to use to check whats around where you want to fly - The Backend Drone Services Company | Altitude Angel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik