UK Phantom 3 order advice

Reaction score
Good afternoon all!

After reading a link on this forum to 'Banggood' and the cheap preorder deal they were offering on the Phantom 3 advanced I quickly made an order. Unfortunatly upon placing the order on the 22nd of April i have still not received it. Every time i contact them they state it has been ordered but stock has not arrived...

I just wanted advice on two things:

1) Has anyone preorder from Banggood too? have they received anything?

2) Has anyone in the UK received their order from a european dealer as it is much cheaper than in the UK? and if you have can i have some advice on who to order from please?

Cheers

I'm in Ireland and the phantoms are significantly cheaper here especially with the strength of your sterling . I ordered my P3P from model heli services, and a day ago or so they still had 1 P3A left and 2 P3P from the first batch which should be delivered before the end of this month.

Reactions: MISTERDARKBOY
Banggood are quite reliable but notoriously slow.
I would be wary of further complicating things by trying to cancel unless through your credit card.
No doubt any of the major dealers will get you one quicker but a bit more expensive.
Or just wait, I'd be very surprised if it doesn't come eventually.

Hi . I ordered a Walkera scout x4 and other bits and pieces from them. I paid extra for a 7 day delivery date on the Walkera Scout x4 and too their word it arrived on time.I had a bad tx once and got a refund. Never had a problem with them so far and their prices are more than compatible. I'm sure when in stock you will gets yours. I am still waiting for my P3 on a UK pre-order...........a bit of a pain in the rear end!
Good luck

Any other tips for getting hold of one of these in the UK. I was quoted a 15 day wait from DJI themselves.
I contacted a UK dealer but they had no idea when they would recieve anymore stock.
How did the rest of you guys from the UK get your phantoms? Did you order direct or did you order from an international dealer.

James

Any other tips for getting hold of one of these in the UK. I was quoted a 15 day wait from DJI themselves.
I contacted a UK dealer but they had no idea when they would recieve anymore stock.
How did the rest of you guys from the UK get your phantoms? Did you order direct or did you order from an international dealer.

James

I got mine from RCGeeks on Monday. I didn't pre-order - it just appeared in stock one day.

I notice now its gone out of stock everywhere in the UK.

My guess is another batch of stock will arrive in the next week or so - buy one quick before they go!

Well worth the upgrade - makes my P2V+ look a bit rubbish in comparison!

I can't wait for a second battery though - one is just not enough!

I tend to take mine in a back pack - currently using a LowPro Trekker AW650

Has a great hipbelt that makes it more comfortable for long walks.

Wish it was a bit lighter though....

I got mine from RCGeeks on Monday. I didn't pre-order - it just appeared in stock one day.

I notice now its gone out of stock everywhere in the UK.

My guess is another batch of stock will arrive in the next week or so - buy one quick before they go!

Well worth the upgrade - makes my P2V+ look a bit rubbish in comparison!

I can't wait for a second battery though - one is just not enough!

I tend to take mine in a back pack - currently using a LowPro Trekker AW650

Has a great hipbelt that makes it more comfortable for long walks.

Wish it was a bit lighter though....
Yes I think best plan will be pre-order from one of the main suppliers or a local one if someone is reasonably close - it is nice to just pick one up without waiting for couriers.
It will only be a couple of weeks most likely - but if you wait hoping to catch in stock they could sell out in hours for several batches yet.
Alternatively consider suppliers in Europe especially Germany or Ireland - this should work surprisingly smoothly I've often bought items from Germany.
You might save a few € but dealing with any warranty claim could be a bit more troublesome.

Agree with Paul the P3 makes the Plus seem a like a toy in almost every way.

Good afternoon all!

After reading a link on this forum to 'Banggood' and the cheap preorder deal they were offering on the Phantom 3 advanced I quickly made an order. Unfortunatly upon placing the order on the 22nd of April i have still not received it. Every time i contact them they state it has been ordered but stock has not arrived...

I just wanted advice on two things:

1) Has anyone preorder from Banggood too? have they received anything?

2) Has anyone in the UK received their order from a european dealer as it is much cheaper than in the UK? and if you have can i have some advice on who to order from please?

Cheers
BANGGOOD - I have also ordered the Phantom 3 PRO with the extra battery for £861.34 (including FAST Delivery) - but still awaiting shipping

I will keep you posted.

Regards

ANDREW

I'm in the UK and have ordered from Banggood in the past. They've always delivered...eventually and I haven't had any problems.

I ordered my P3A direct from DJI on April 9th and it arrived a couple of weeks ago but for the money you'll save with Banggood I'd wait it out!

mine came from build your own drone last week, picked it up off the shelf no pre order, free next day delivery just waiting for extra battery.

BANGGOOD - I have also ordered the Phantom 3 PRO with the extra battery for £861.34 (including FAST Delivery) - but still awaiting shipping

I will keep you posted.

Regards

ANDREW

would you not pay import duty on that ? wouldn't be any cheaper

Import duty, VAT, and carrier surcharge if it gets stopped I would have thought. If it gets through then happy days. I wonder if they mark it as "electronic parts $3" :)

Import duty, VAT, and carrier surcharge if it gets stopped I would have thought. If it gets through then happy days. I wonder if they mark it as "electronic parts $3" :)

At £861.34 with VAT at 20% that would be £172.00, import tax at 10% that would be £86.13 so total customs £258. Thus the total estimated cost is circa £1119. Still over £100 saving. If no import duty then almost £350 saving?

Dear Folks, as the Banggood order has been delayed till "after 6th June" I have ordered from Liam (most excellent man!) for €1499 for the Phantom 3 Pro with extra battery + shipping €20 to England.

So still saving over £100 by using www.modelheliservices.com and NO RISK on customs, import, etc - will be here mid-week.

ANDREW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31