[UK] Lenovo TAB2 £99 at Argos and works with DJI Go / P3A

Reaction score
Heads up on this 10" tablet currently on deal at Argos for £99 - I bought it for the in-laws as a Christmas present but wanted to try it out with the Phantom as I'll probably buy another if it works OK.

The tablet is Lenovo TAB 2 A10-30 (model nr TB2-X30F), running Android 6.0.1 (kernel 3.10.49)

My Phantom P3A is at 1.5.30+
DJI Go is 3.1.0
Controller is 1.8.0

Application ran fine with no stuttering, crashes, etc and I used POI (f-mode).

I ran the app 'as is' with no tablet memory clearing software, just rebooted the tablet before linking to the app/P3A.

The tablet JUST fits into the standard holder, but you'll definitely want a lanyard or strap on the controller because it makes it cumbersome. Screen brightness was good, screen is clear (1280 x 800), app renders well on it.

This information is just because I wanted to share the info - please DYOR before committing to buying one of these for your own purposes. I have no link to Lenovo or Argos.

Reactions: Numone
Thanks for the sharing. I would have considered this, but have just gone over to the dark side, ipad mini, I do like the larger screen, but wonder if 10 inch is just too much. But at £99, can,t really go wrong. In my case try it, and if not happy, give it to Kids.

Heads up on this 10" tablet currently on deal at Argos for £99 - I bought it for the in-laws as a Christmas present but wanted to try it out with the Phantom as I'll probably buy another if it works OK.

The tablet is Lenovo TAB 2 A10-30 (model nr TB2-X30F), running Android 6.0.1 (kernel 3.10.49)

My Phantom P3A is at 1.5.30+
DJI Go is 3.1.0
Controller is 1.8.0

Application ran fine with no stuttering, crashes, etc and I used POI (f-mode).

I ran the app 'as is' with no tablet memory clearing software, just rebooted the tablet before linking to the app/P3A.

The tablet JUST fits into the standard holder, but you'll definitely want a lanyard or strap on the controller because it makes it cumbersome. Screen brightness was good, screen is clear (1280 x 800), app renders well on it.

This information is just because I wanted to share the info - please DYOR before committing to buying one of these for your own purposes. I have no link to Lenovo or Argos.

Did you experience any lag or pixelation? Even a little? In other words, could you see it flying without it jumping or jerking (lag) or the screen looking like your cable TV when the signal is bad (pixelation)? Thanks, if my Shield K1 doesn't get better, I may have to get one of these.Thanks for your help.

Did you experience any lag or pixelation? Even a little? In other words, could you see it flying without it jumping or jerking (lag) or the screen looking like your cable TV when the signal is bad (pixelation)? Thanks, if my Shield K1 doesn't get better, I may have to get one of these.Thanks for your help.

None at all - video was smooth, lag didn't seem any different to my HTC M8 phone (which I normally use) - the feed stops momentarily when I took a photo (same as the phone).

I've bought one myself, I also need a small TV device for the camper van :) I'm just hoping a future DJI Go update doesn't change anything!

FWIW I think Argos have a very good returns policy.

None at all - video was smooth, lag didn't seem any different to my HTC M8 phone (which I normally use) - the feed stops momentarily when I took a photo (same as the phone).

I've bought one myself, I also need a small TV device for the camper van :) I'm just hoping a future DJI Go update doesn't change anything!

FWIW I think Argos have a very good returns policy.

Great. Thanks for that. I'm gonna work with my Sheild K1 for a bit more before I change. I must be the only one experiencing these issues with the shield. Maybe I got a lemon. Again thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav