UAV bits camera guard.

Reaction score
Anyone using one of these new camera guards from uav bits, i live in the uk so am going to have to pay a bit for postage but don't mind if it will save the camera from a hard landing of course.

Anyone using one of these new camera guards from uav bits, i live in the uk so am going to have to pay a bit for postage but don't mind if it will save the camera from a hard landing of course.
Leekiya, I have one on order and would be happy to tell you what I think about it. Thankfully, my P3P will be here Friday but need to check on the guard and will let you know...

I ordered it Monday and it hasn't shipped yet so probably next week.

Mine arrives this Friday as well.

I am debating between the UAV Bits one and this one out of Israel. They've been selling guards for awhile.

I used their guard on my PTv2 3.0 and it was excellent and saved me twice

As long as it protects the camera, and gives a place to mount the tracker the next thing is weight, the UAVbits one is 9gr and the other is 20gr, over twice as heavy.

Right...the 20gr one says it won't show up in the camera view and protects over a larger area. The 9gr one says it will depending on circumstances and is very narrow. Decisions...

Yes, they are very proud of that guard, aren't they!

Maybe it's the open parts that are so expensive, not the CF?

image.jpg

Been testing gimbal-guard.com

Works well, does not interfere with camera and saved my camera on a few crazy landings..

VPS works fine - option to add GPS tracker on edge near the landing gear

Since there are a few in this thread that are using the camera guard from UAV Bits I have a question for ya. Does anyone else notice that if you give hard left yaw the camera hits the guard? I know it’s not a common maneuver but sometimes I will get a bit aggressive when I’m following an atv or off road truck and actually had the camera hang up on the guard.

It’s a pretty straight forward install so I’m sure it’s on right but it seems to have a slight bow upwards towards the camera. Anyone have this problem??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers