TS321+RC802 issues

Reaction score
Hello:

I just purchased the two items (separately) in order to create a FPV setup that would not interfere with my 5.8ghz transmitter. I also purchased an inexpensive monitor. I hooked up all the items correctly, checked my connections, and keep getting a "NO SIGNAL" message on my display.

The transmitter gets warm, so I know that the connections are correct. I have set both units to Channel 8 (2510) and even run the receiver through all 8 channels, but no luck. I have also hooked up a small camera directly and the monitor works correctly. I measured the voltage coming out of the camera's yellow connector and it measures 0.75v. I get the same reading from the receiver. At a minimum I think I should be receiving snow.

The packaging read TS321, 2.4ghz. On the transmitter the antenna has a sticker that says 2.4ghz. On the transmitter itself there is a small sticker on the metal cover that reads TS351 5.8ghz. The two units do look identical.

I contacted the seller to see if any other customers had difficulties and they had no clue.

Is there a way to test the signal frequency coming from one of these transmitters?

I don't know your setup or equipment, but I can relate my experience, for whatever it's worth. I normally fly my FC40 with a GoPro, I like the better resolution and I find that the wifi on the FC40 camera (and the GoPro as well) cuts out well before I reach the modest geofencing of 100 meters of altitude and 50 meters of horizontal range. I recently found a video transmitter for about $20 (and another $10 for a couple of antenna) that plugs into the ports on the side of my GoPro, a deal I couldn't pass up. My receiver is a pair of FatShark goggles that came with a plane called the FPV vapor, they only support 8 channels on a single band. After I hooked everything up I was unable to get a clear channel on the FatShark, but there was at least one channel where there was a sort of ghostly image. After a bit of cursing, I located the brief instructions for the transmitter, a single button controlled all channel selection. Pushing the button to change channels made LEDs flash on the transmitter but only succeeded in moving the ghost image to a new channel on the FatShark. After a second glance at the instructions I discovered that if I held the button down longer the transmitter would change bands, and after that I was able to get a clear signal on the FatShark.

So you might want to make sure everything in on the same band.

The second thing is that my transmitter becomes pretty hot, I heard that such devices can fry if powered up without an antenna. Hopefully you haven't done that...

I don't know your setup or equipment, but I can relate my experience, for whatever it's worth. I normally fly my FC40 with a GoPro, I like the better resolution and I find that the wifi on the FC40 camera (and the GoPro as well) cuts out well before I reach the modest geofencing of 100 meters of altitude and 50 meters of horizontal range. I recently found a video transmitter for about $20 (and another $10 for a couple of antenna) that plugs into the ports on the side of my GoPro, a deal I couldn't pass up. My receiver is a pair of FatShark goggles that came with a plane called the FPV vapor, they only support 8 channels on a single band. After I hooked everything up I was unable to get a clear channel on the FatShark, but there was at least one channel where there was a sort of ghostly image. After a bit of cursing, I located the brief instructions for the transmitter, a single button controlled all channel selection. Pushing the button to change channels made LEDs flash on the transmitter but only succeeded in moving the ghost image to a new channel on the FatShark. After a second glance at the instructions I discovered that if I held the button down longer the transmitter would change bands, and after that I was able to get a clear signal on the FatShark.

So you might want to make sure everything in on the same band.

The second thing is that my transmitter becomes pretty hot, I heard that such devices can fry if powered up without an antenna. Hopefully you haven't done that...

Thank you for your response. I just learned that I my problem was my inability to read Chinese. The pictures on the dip switches are exactly the opposite of what they should be. For example, the DIP is black and the switches are white. So a picture with four white squares pointed down, would make one think the switches should be in the down position. Actually the black part of the diagram is the switch. Just the opposite of the picture. Who woulda thunk ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20